Installation and Use of OpenExchange Apps in Studio 2014
Thread poster: letmetranslate
letmetranslate  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:59
German to English
+ ...
Dec 11, 2013

Hello Fellow Translators

I have just bought Studio 2014 (Freelance) and tried to install some OpenExchange Apps. To be precise, I downloaded SDL Studio InQuote for generating quotes, SDL Legit, TAUS Search and Your SDL Studio. I am trying for the past two days continuously to find out how to use these plug-ins but have landed no success. Is there a specific method to follow for each plugin or any general process to follow? Also, I have Menu Maker.

After launching Your SDL Studio, I see a window with some tab configuration files. I dont know what to do here.

I have tried very hard to find information on the Internet for a user guide, but in vain. The App Store only gives a very brief and superficial description of download and install.

There are other plugins which I would like to install as well, like Toolkit, TMRepair etc. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to install and how to use the plugins? I do understand, that one can choose individually. But which other plug-ins are absolutely essential for a translator?

Is there any user guide anywhere on earth about plug-ins? I will need Kindergarten help, since I have downloaded them, but dont know how to use them. I.e. where to get started with each Plug-in.

I will be very grateful to receive a response.

Thanks
Madhura

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:29
English
There is... Dec 11, 2013

... a pdf file inside the zip you downloaded for each one that explains how each one works.

Regards

Paul

Laura-B
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Instructions for SDL Studio InQuote 1.1.40 for Studio 2014 Jun 5, 2015

I just downloaded StudioInQuote 1.1.40 from Trados Open Exchange and I found this thread when searching for instructions on how to use it. Unfortunately this particular app doesn't come with a PDF or any other kind of readme file in the zipped folder you download. It only comes with a .exe file and when I installed that, I couldn't see anywhere it had put a readme file or instructions. This is what I've worked out so far for how to use it for the first time (for charging by source words, you'll have to adapt if you want to charge by source lines):

1. Create a project in Trados Studio with the files you want to give the quote for (don't forget to include any TMs you want to apply). The project must be in your list of projects on the Projects page of Trados Studio or it won’t appear on the list in InQuote for you to select. If you added it to the list in Trados Studio or created it after you opened InQuote, simply close and repoen InQuote to get it to appear.
2. Click on the SDL Studio InQuote icon
3. Click on the Rates tab.
4. Click on the radio button next to "Simple Word Analysis" under the Templates heading on the left.
5. Fill your rates in using numbers only (e.g. if you charge EUR 0.03 per repetition, fill in 0.03 next to repetitions). You only have to fill this in once/when you change your rates/if you have agreed a different rate for a particular job, as it stores this info. NB You can store different rates under different customer names if you want (see below).
6. If you want your details to appear on the quote (e.g. your name or company name, address, email etc.), click on the User Details tab and fill them in there. (You only have to do this once or if your details change, it stores this info).
7. Click on the Create Quote tab. If you want your customer's detail to appear on the quote, fill them in under 2. Select Customer there. You can also use this section to store customers' details and to fill in different rates for different customers (see below).
8. On the Create Quote tab under 1. Select Project, in the large box on the left with the list of your projects, choose the project you want to give a quote for and click on it.
9. Under 3. Report Type, choose whether you want the quote in MS Word (choose Simple Word Template from the drop-down menu that appears), MS Excel (choose Simple Excel Template from the drop-down menu that appears) or Clipboard. Then choose "Simple Word Analysis" under Templates.
10. Under "Report type" choose whether you want a breakdown by file plus summary or just the summary. (I haven't worked out what the "Analyse file / Language pair" drop down menu is for yet, as it only has one option in it for me).
11. On the right, click "Generate Quote", then choose a name for the document it generates (e.g. Customer_X_quote_DD-MM-YYYY.docx). Fill this in to "File name". (If you want, you can also use the "Save as" window that appears to save the file in somewhere other than the default location, which is My Documents > Studio 2014 > Projects).

For some reason this app chooses to treat tags as words. The word count excluding the tags is the correct word count.

How to add customers with their address details and your rates for them
1. Click the” Customers” button
2. Click “Add”
3. Fill in your customer’s details and the prices you charge them
4. Choose whether you charge them by the word or line under “Templates” (Grouped is also a. an option and b. not something I’ve worked out how to use, as I’m not sure whether it counts 50-99% matches as fuzzies or only 75-99% matches).
5. Click save.
6. Repeat with any customers you want to add whenever you want to add them.
7. Once you have added one or more customers you can use the “Customers” button to select which of the customers (with their details and rates) you want to generate the quote for, simply click on the name of your customer in the list on the left, then click “Select”. Continue with the rest of the quote as normal.

NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
The "Analyse file / Language pair" list Jun 8, 2015

Laura-B wrote:
10. Under "Report type" choose whether you want a breakdown by file plus summary or just the summary. (I haven't worked out what the "Analyse file / Language pair" drop down menu is for yet, as it only has one option in it for me).

Hi Laura,

The "Analyse file / Language pair" menu lists all the analysis reports for that particular project.

There are two reasons to get more than one option in this list:

1. If you have done only one analysis, you'll get only one line in this list. If you have done a second or a third analysis, they will appear with their date and time between brackets, so you can choose any of them to get the final quote.

2. Also, in multilingual projects you may get reports per each language combination.

I hope it helps,

... Jesús Prieto ...

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
I am getting an error message Aug 13, 2015

I am using Studio 2015 and have downloaded the 2015 version of InQuote but am getting an error message when I click on Generate Quote.

The error reads something like this:

Exception in the application. Click "Next" to ignore the error and continue the application. If you click "close", the application will immediatley close.

Object reference not set to an object instance.

And then under details there is a lot of text about JIT debugger and other stuff too long to mention here.

By the way, the path to projects automatically has Studio 2014 projects entered.
Am I right in thinking it should lead to ....\Studio 2015\Projects\Project123 for example?
Or does it need to go to the report part of that project?
Should I generate a report first and store it somewhere?

I'm not sure if I've not understood the instructions properly or whether there's a bug.

Lingrus
German to Russian
+ ...
Same here Jun 3, 2016

Have the same problem described by Andrea. Any solutions?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation and Use of OpenExchange Apps in Studio 2014

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search