Thread poster: Éric Cléach

Éric Cléach  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:53
Member (2005)
English to French
Dec 11, 2013

Hi,

I've disabled the default Ctrl+Ins shortcut in Trados Studio 2014, as I use this shortcut to search any content in ApSIC Xbench (I press Ctrl+Ins, then Ctrl+Alt+Ins and the selected text is automatically pasted into Xbench).

Everything works fine, except that each time I press Crtl+Ins, Studio 2014 toggles the OVR/INS mode, as if I was only pressing the Ins key. I then need to press Ins again to switch to the normal INS mode.

I did not encounter this issue in Studio 2011.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Eric

[Edited at 2013-12-11 13:23 GMT]

pep
Local time: 03:53
English to Spanish
Switch Input mode to "Copy Message" in Xbench Dec 11, 2013

You can do the following:

1. In Xbench, go to Tools->Layout & HotKeys
2. Change the Input Transfer Method to "Copy Message"

Now you can use Ctrl+Al+Insert to search your marked text in Xbench directly, without the previous Ctrl+Insert that is causing trouble in Studio.

In any case, I recommend reporting to SDL that Ctrl+Insert is switching the Insertion Mode in Trados Studio 2014 (ignoring the Ctrl modifier), as this is a bug.

Pep.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ctrl+Insert = Insert source? Dec 11, 2013

I have that as well. If I disable the default action for the shortcut ("Insert source"), then Ctrl+Ins has the same result as pressing Ins alone.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - Ctrl+Ins toggles OVR/INS mode

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search