Trados Studio 2009 licensing - Activation code
Thread poster: gisbi
gisbi
gisbi
Italy
Local time: 09:32
English to Italian
Dec 11, 2013

I need to re-install my trados studio 2009 on a new computer but I cannot return my activation code because my computer has crashed. I have try to contact you support via “My Support” but I am jumping from windows to windows without finding a solution. I need to work with Trados so please let me know what can I do. Thanks for you help.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
My Support... Dec 11, 2013

... is good if you have a Support Contract. So in a way I hope you don't because it should be easy to log the case if you do!

However, you don't actually need Support at all for this because you can force return the license and make it available for use on another computer... if you have Studio 2009. Check this article : http://goo.gl/Ji99X1

Regards

Paul

gisbi
gisbi
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot find the return option Dec 12, 2013

Paul, thanks for your prompt reply. I read the article before looking for support but I cannot find the option to return the code. My screen is the same as the article but without the option “Return license” (that column is blank).

Please help.
Thanks

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
In that case... Dec 12, 2013

... go to the Solution Finder in the Knowledgebase. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados / SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passolo – 2007 or 2009
-- I have SDL Trados Freelance
--- I need to have my license reset
---- I followed the instructions in the KB articl
... See more
... go to the Solution Finder in the Knowledgebase. Go to the Knowledgebase;

Licensing Problems
---- I followed the instructions in the KB article, but the process didn't work for me

You will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Aaron Kakesse
Aaron Kakesse  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:32
English to French
Trados activation code - Windows 8 Dec 12, 2013

I have a licence for Trados 2010 and I need to install it on my new laptop using Windows 8. I was told that I need to purchase a new licence for Trados 2014 but I can't afford it now. I still need to install the older version to finish my work. Why force clients to purchase a newer version of a product while they are still entitled to the older one.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Nobody should be forcing you. Dec 12, 2013

Aaron Kakesse wrote:

Why force clients to purchase a newer version of a product while they are still entitled to the older one.

Hi Aaron,

You do not have to purchase a new version... we’d like it if you did but it’s not a requirement just because you lost your old license.

All you need to do is Go to the Solution Finder in the Knowledgebase. Go to the Knowledgebase;

Licensing Problems

At this point you’ll find an article that explains how to reset the license for 2009 yourself. So you don't need our help at all. But if that doesn't help you and you’re still stuck the very next option is this:

---- I followed the instructions in the KB article, but the process didn't work for me

You will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Note... Dec 12, 2013

Aaron Kakesse wrote:

I have a licence for Trados 2010...

... I assumed you meant 2009 as we don't have a 2010 version and this thread is based on 2009.

[Edited at 2013-12-12 14:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 licensing - Activation code

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »