Upgrading to Studio 2014 from Studio 2009+AutoSuggest Creator
Thread poster: Michael Kazakov

Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:18
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 12, 2013

I plan to upgrade to Studio 2014 from my current version of 2009, which includes the AutoSuggest Creator add-on.

Will the AutoSuggest creator be still available to me in 2014 after I upgrade?
Other words, if I decide to create new AutoSuggest dictionaries in future, will I be able to do that?

I tried upgrading and advanced up to the checkout screen but I can see only two items in my basket, which are the Studio 2014 itself and PSMA agreement.

I searched this forum and could not find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Michael

Direct link Reply with quote

Wait Dec 14, 2013

Wait until SDL runs one of their frequent 'Autosuggest Creator included free' type promotions. For example, in the pre-release Studio 2014, I believe AC was not included, but was included in a subsequent sale, albeit for a few more $. Otherwise (guessing) you will have to use 2009 to produce dictionaries. Note that Studio 2014 only requires a memory with 10K entries, vs 2009, which requires a memory with a minimum of 25k entries.

Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:18
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 15, 2013

T o b i a s wrote:
Wait until SDL runs one of their frequent 'Autosuggest Creator included free' type promotions.

Thanks for the tip, that is what I thought myself.

Note that Studio 2014 only requires a memory with 10K entries, vs 2009, which requires a memory with a minimum of 25k entries.

Good to know. On the other hand my main translation memory used for the AutoSuggest dictionary is over 25k entries anyway.

Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading to Studio 2014 from Studio 2009+AutoSuggest Creator

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search