SDL Trados 2011 not opening
Thread poster: Kenneth Friend

Kenneth Friend
Germany
Local time: 09:56
German to English
Dec 14, 2013

Hi,
I really hope someone can help. I had Trados 2011 Studio installed on my laptop with Windows 8. Unfortunately I caught a virus. Once I got rid of the virus I tried to open Trados a couple of days later, but only got the following error message. The heading of the error message says (in German): The indicated service is not an installed service (Exception HRESULI: 0x80070424). So, since then I have downloaded the package several times and installed it; the set up always seems to be successful, but I keep on getting the same error message anytime I try to open the program. Please help. I have NO idea what to do now.

-

Der angegebene Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. Er ist deaktiviert oder nicht mit aktivierten Geräten verbunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070422)

-

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System.Management

-

-

SDL Trados Studio

UMA2\Kenneth

UMA2

True

Best regards,
Kenneth Friend

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:56
English
Best to... Dec 14, 2013

... log a case through the solutionfinder and support may be able to help you with the installation. So log a case in the Knowledgebase at kb.sdl.com

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 not opening

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search