SDL Trados 2011 not opening
Thread poster: Kenneth Friend

Kenneth Friend
Germany
Local time: 04:02
German to English
Dec 14, 2013

Hi,
I really hope someone can help. I had Trados 2011 Studio installed on my laptop with Windows 8. Unfortunately I caught a virus. Once I got rid of the virus I tried to open Trados a couple of days later, but only got the following error message. The heading of the error message says (in German): The indicated service is not an installed service (Exception HRESULI: 0x80070424). So, since then I have downloaded the package several times and installed it; the set up always seems to be successful, but I keep on getting the same error message anytime I try to open the program. Please help. I have NO idea what to do now.

-

Der angegebene Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. Er ist deaktiviert oder nicht mit aktivierten Geräten verbunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070422)

-

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System.Management

-

-

SDL Trados Studio

UMA2\Kenneth

UMA2

True

Best regards,
Kenneth Friend

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:02
English
Best to... Dec 14, 2013

... log a case through the solutionfinder and support may be able to help you with the installation. So log a case in the Knowledgebase at kb.sdl.com

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 not opening

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search