SDL Trados 2011 not opening
Thread poster: Kenneth Friend

Kenneth Friend
Germany
Local time: 21:21
German to English
Dec 14, 2013

Hi,
I really hope someone can help. I had Trados 2011 Studio installed on my laptop with Windows 8. Unfortunately I caught a virus. Once I got rid of the virus I tried to open Trados a couple of days later, but only got the following error message. The heading of the error message says (in German): The indicated service is not an installed service (Exception HRESULI: 0x80070424). So, since then I have downloaded the package several times and installed it; the set up always seems to be successful, but I keep on getting the same error message anytime I try to open the program. Please help. I have NO idea what to do now.

-

Der angegebene Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. Er ist deaktiviert oder nicht mit aktivierten Geräten verbunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070422)

-

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System.Management

-

-

SDL Trados Studio

UMA2\Kenneth

UMA2

True

Best regards,
Kenneth Friend

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:21
English
Best to... Dec 14, 2013

... log a case through the solutionfinder and support may be able to help you with the installation. So log a case in the Knowledgebase at kb.sdl.com

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 not opening

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search