Studio 2011 FL - Are current additional activations affected by returning first activation?
Thread poster: LEXpert

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:47
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2013

Both of my Studio 2011 Freelance activations are running. I am retiring the older machine on which I installed the first activation, and want to deactivate the license on that machine only. Will this affect my current additional activation at all (i.e., the license server is only concerned about the total number of activations you are authorized for, and doesn't care whether the particular license you are returning is the "original" or the "additional" activation)? I want to make sure that my additional activation will keep running even if I return the original activation.

Does the same apply to extra 2007 activations?

I know I could simply try it and see what happens, but I'm in the middle of a project and can't afford any downtime...

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:47
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
No problem Dec 15, 2013

If you have Studio 2011 freelance plus (two activations) then you have two separate licenses for your own use, and you can return the first or second at any time without it affecting the other one.

I expect the same applies to 2007, but I haven't tested that in practice.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 FL - Are current additional activations affected by returning first activation?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search