Termbase not recognized
Thread poster: cross8308
cross8308
South Korea
Local time: 10:08
English to Korean
+ ...
Dec 16, 2013

When I connect the termbase to the project, sometimes the term itself does not pop up on the term recognition.

But when I open the termbase via Multiterm or do a search through the termbase search, the term pops up.

The issue would be ok if I were doing the translation work, but this error occurs on my translator's trados, and they are on the other end of the globe, so there's no way for me to go there and check this issue.

(As my company would not pay for my expense, but they want me to resolve it here...sigh..)

So what I was wondering is, did anyone have similar issues as my case, and if so, how did you resolve this problem?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 02:08
Italian to German
+ ...
Make sure Java is installed and set up up correctly Dec 16, 2013

Hi,

this is a very redundant topic in this forum, I'm sure you will find what you need.
What version of Trados are you / your collaborators using ?

[EDITED]
If you have a support ticket, be sure to use it, otherwise consult the SDL Knowledgebase or search this forum by also entering your specifc Trados version.

For your case, in short: Read the Java v. 45 issues and resolve them as told in the KB. This applies for Studio 2014. Other Java issues may arise with earlier Studio versions, so you have to search the forums or again > SDL KB.

[ADDED]
Personally, with Studio 2014 I have gone through the Java 45 issue solving WITHOUT having Java 45 installed and it resolved it fine. (Currently I have 5 termbases loaded and every term shows up fine.)

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2013-12-16 17:01 GMT]

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Not the known java 45 problem Dec 16, 2013

AFAIK, this has nothing to do with the ubiquitious problems with java 45. Instead, this is a problem recurring since the earliest version of Studio 2009. Staff have confirmed this as a bug. Nothing done yet.

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Some interesting news... Dec 16, 2013

Hi,

yes, indeed, not all terms show up every time. I've checked this out now. I think that the termbase settings must be set up less restrictively, also Studio will try to avoid double entries between the different termbases loaded. This may lead to skip some entries that could be shown.

Because I had some time to spend, I went indepth on this problem.

I have 5 termbases loaded, number 4 is an IT termbase with Microsoft terminology (10500 entries), the last one is a special "Concordance Matches" termbase that I usually build for large projects to show what's NOT in my termbases, but only in translation memory; the translation part of this termbase will only spell "CHUNK".

Here is a relevant segment, and the interesting developments after I changed the setup of the termbases.

My segment:
"Choose this method to create a XXX file and attach it to a new e-mail message. "

TB1: 1 entry;
TB4 (Microsoft Terminology): 4 entries , but not "e-mail message = E-Mail-Nachricht" which is contained; TB5 (Concordance Matches): new e-mail message - CHUNK

Now, I go Project Settings > Termbases > Search Settings, and change
Search Depth: Moved the slider 3/4 to the right; I also deactivate TB5.

The result is: TB4 will now show 8 entries, also "e-mail message"...

I re-activate TB5; the result: even with the changed search settings, we are back to 4 entries only for TB4 !

That's all very interesting, but it clearly shows it's not working as supposed to and so: yes, efreitag is right: a bug. Too bad.

Greets,
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase not recognized

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search