Thread poster: NJenkins

NJenkins
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:16
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dec 16, 2013

Hi,
For some reason, I started working in Trados Studio 2009 today and it won't let me copy text from a Word document and paste it into the target segment. Any help on this would be appreciated. I use windows XP.

Direct link Reply with quote

felicij  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:16
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Do you use Dec 16, 2013

"ctrl+C" and "Ctrl+V" or are you trying to use the mouse? The keyboard shortcut usually works...

NJenkins
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried both Dec 16, 2013

I have tried both, unfortunately I CAN copy, and I can paste into google, or into Word, but I can't paste into Trados. How strange is that?! Thanks for the reply

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:16
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Two questions Dec 16, 2013

Silly question, but have you shut down and restarted your computer to make sure it isn't a temporary glitch?

Also, which version of Studio 2009 do you have? The very early releases had a bug with copy/paste behaviour. If you haven't got SP3 installed, you should download it from "My Account" on the SDL website.

NJenkins
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Emma Dec 16, 2013

I did restart and that didn't help, and I do have SP3, but I saw another post where it was affected by the antivirus and that was the case here! Switched off the virus programme and voila!

Thanks for your replies!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't paste text into Trados 2009

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search