Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:27
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Dec 16, 2013

Dear colleagues,

I have a PSMA (level 2) with SDL. However, I am unable to log a support case. The form you have to fill in (every time again) asks for the product name and version number. Usually, I can enter these via a picklist (and only via the picklist). However, today the picklist only shows the entry "(no entries in menu)". I can't submit the request without this information (error message appears after clicking on "submit").

Am I the only one having this problem? I'm using Firefox on a Win7 machine.

Kind regards,
Erik

Edit: I've tried Firefox, IE and Chrome - no success in any of these, though the error is a different one in each of the browsers.

[Bearbeitet am 2013-12-16 14:03 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:27
Member (2004)
English to Italian
someone here... Dec 16, 2013

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/261391-sdl_activation_server_down_now_for_23_hours_and_counting-page2.html

had to download Chrome to make the page work... it's obviously not the same page, but was a support request...

HTH

Edit: ok, I've just seen you edited your first post... so, my theory doesn't apply. Sorry!

[Edited at 2013-12-16 14:05 GMT]

Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks anyway! Dec 16, 2013

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/261391-sdl_activation_server_down_now_for_23_hours_and_counting-page2.html

had to download Chrome to make the page work... it's obviously not the same page, but was a support request...

HTH

Edit: ok, I've just seen you edited your first post... so, my theory doesn't apply. Sorry!

[Edited at 2013-12-16 14:05 GMT]

Thanks, Giovanni! I had seen the same post you quoted and therefore installed and tried the other browsers.

It's a shame that SDL makes logging a support case so cumbersome (even if it does work) and at the same time charges a hefty fee... It almost seems as if they were deliberately trying to keep the number of support cases low. Anyway, at least it used to work.

Now, SDL is well beyond the contractual response time of the PSMA (left a message on their answering machine, because no-one answers the phone). I bet they'll say that the response time doesn't start until a support case is logged

[Bearbeitet am 2013-12-16 14:24 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Escalation procedure Dec 16, 2013

efreitag wrote:

I have a PSMA (level 2) with SDL. However, I am unable to log a support case. The form you have to fill in (every time again) asks for the product name and version number. Usually, I can enter these via a picklist (and only via the picklist). However, today the picklist only shows the entry "(no entries in menu)". I can't submit the request without this information (error message appears after clicking on "submit").

Hello Erik,

Because you have a support contract there is an escalation process which is very simple to use (email). You’ll find the process in your MyAccount and you should have been advised of this when you first purchased support. It’s handy when you’re having problems using the form for some reason.

Regards

Paul

Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Escalation done - no reply. But: online systems seems to be working again. Dec 16, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

efreitag wrote:

Hello Erik,

Because you have a support contract there is an escalation process which is very simple to use (email). You’ll find the process in your MyAccount and you should have been advised of this when you first purchased support. It’s handy when you’re having problems using the form for some reason.

Regards

Paul

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that I already did that as soon as the contractual response time had elapsed. No reply so far.

The online support system seems to be working again now. I've logged the case and hope it will be addressed in a timely manner.

Kind regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL support: unable to log a case

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search