https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/261566-cannot_add_term_to_termbase_in_studio_2011.html

Cannot add term to termbase in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Anna Wiman
Anna Wiman
Anna Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:13
German to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 18, 2013

Hello everybody,

I've been searching for an answer to my question on the Internet and on the forum - maybe it is so ironically simple that it's just me? : - )

I have just created a new termbase in MultiTerm 2011 (bilingual glossary). Since there is no terms in the new termbase yet, after I've added it to Studio 2011, the Term Recognition windows says "No results availible".

I then try to add new terms from the document to which I attached the termbase. I ge
... See more
Hello everybody,

I've been searching for an answer to my question on the Internet and on the forum - maybe it is so ironically simple that it's just me? : - )

I have just created a new termbase in MultiTerm 2011 (bilingual glossary). Since there is no terms in the new termbase yet, after I've added it to Studio 2011, the Term Recognition windows says "No results availible".

I then try to add new terms from the document to which I attached the termbase. I get an error message after a few seconds - in Swedish (!). I'll do my best to translate it.

"Script error.

There has been an error in the script on this page.
Row: 93
Character: 2
Error: Cannot retrieve save for a reference that is undefined or null
Code: 0
URL file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Common%20Files/SDL/Multiterm9/Editor/script/connector.js

Would you like do keep the script running on this page?
Yes
No
"

What is going on here? I also got this error message in the summer using an already existing termbase that worked perfectly fine in another translator's Studio 2011. I could USE the termbase, but I could never add my own terms.

Another bit of probably important information: I have had major problems with Windows Update the last months. My computer just won't update as it should and sometimes it is stuck 1,5 hours just updating... and in the end, nothing has been successfully updated in Windows Update. I am thinking of re-installing the whole computer but as a stressed freelancer, we seldom have time to spend 1 days re-installing our computers and re-installing all our programs as soon as there is a problem...

Please help!

Best regards,

Anna Wiman
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 17:13
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Lower the Jave Security Settings Dec 18, 2013

For instructions see here (the section about the Java security settings) and lower the security settings to Medium.

Anna Wiman
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Java 45 not installed. Security set to medium Dec 18, 2013

Thanks for your answer, Shai!

I'm afraid in my case this is not the solution. I do not have Java 45 installed, and my security level is already set to Medium.

Everything seems to be in order so far... there has to be another problem.

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 17:13
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Maybe the instructions in SDL KB article 4026 will help Dec 18, 2013

KB Article.

If not, I suggest the following:
1) Make sure that you have installed all the updates and service packs for your version of Studio and MultiTerm.
2) Close Studio and MultiTerm.
3) Uninstall all versions of Java that might be installed on your system.
4) Restart (not mandatory, but advised).
5) Open the project with the re
... See more
KB Article.

If not, I suggest the following:
1) Make sure that you have installed all the updates and service packs for your version of Studio and MultiTerm.
5) Open the project with the relevant Termbase and add to add a term (just anything really, it is not important what). You will be prompt by the software to install Java. Wait for the installing to end and check if the problem persists.
Collapse

Doan Quang
Doan Quang  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 21:13
English to Vietnamese
Java again??? Dec 18, 2013

Anna,
Please take a look at http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/230164-multiterm_and_studio_2011_error_when_adding_a_new_entry_to_a_termbase.html, it seemed similar to your error.

Anna Wiman
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll look into this Dec 18, 2013

Thanks guys, very much. I'll look into this (right now I don't have time to restart my computer for 1,5 hours, haha!)

I read something about Java and Multiterm errors a few days ago but did not think that I'd might have the same problem. : - )

Until when I have a solution,

Best,

Anna

Anna Wiman
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Dec 18, 2013

Following the steps that Shai provided helped me solve the problem:

"If not, I suggest the following:
5) Open the project with the relevant Termbase and add to add a term (just anything really, it i
... See more
Following the steps that Shai provided helped me solve the problem:

"If not, I suggest the following:
5) Open the project with the relevant Termbase and add to add a term (just anything really, it is not important what). You will be prompt by the software to install Java. Wait for the installing to end and check if the problem persists."

And I didn't even have to restart my computer. : - )

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Doan and Shai! Happy translating!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot add term to termbase in Studio 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »