Saved projects disappear from List in Projects page (STUDIO 2011 and STUDIO 2014)
Thread poster: TRIDIOM

TRIDIOM
Spain
Local time: 04:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 19, 2013

Hi, something strange happens when working with Trados Studio (it happens both in the 2011 and 2014 versions). Although all the filters are set to “Show all projects” (Status / -Due date and Type), every time I close Trados Studio I have to reopen the project from scratch as it disappears from the list of projects (i.e., the list is always empty every morning). Since the rest of the PCs in my office with the same software always show all projects until you remove them from the list, I wonder if there is some kind of option I have to tick or something I am missing.

I understand it is not a big issue, but it is inconvenient. If anyone knows how to solve it, please let me know!

By the way, I confirm when installing the software we used the “default” indications.

JensL  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
English to Swedish
+ ...
I'm having the same problem Feb 6, 2014

...but it started a couple of weeks ago and to the best of my knowledge I have not changed any settings, so it's strange indeed.

Hope someone has some input on this problem.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 04:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
old problem with an easy solution Feb 6, 2014

hi,
I had the same problem back with Studio 2009.
I was able to solve it deleting the following files:

BaseSettings.xml
Plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml

you can find these files in the following folder (Windows 7):

C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10.0.0.0\ (for Studio 2011)
C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11.0.0.0\ (for Studio 2014)

you will have to unhide hidden and system folders to find the files.
I see that in the corresponding folder for Studio 2014 ther is also a "Settings.xml" file that doesn't exist in the folder for Studio 2011. I am unsure if you should delete it or not. maybe you can just rename it, just in case.

good luck!

[Edited at 2014-02-06 19:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saved projects disappear from List in Projects page (STUDIO 2011 and STUDIO 2014)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search