How to find Translated in SDL Studio 2011
Thread poster: Christin Lee
Christin Lee
Local time: 10:47
Dec 19, 2013

Hi all,

I met a problem. Sometimes we got translated sdlxliff file from linguists, and at the right bottom, it indicates: 0.61% Translated, 99.39% Translation Approved. I tried to find the Translated segments, make them to be Translation Approved. After checking every button, still have no clue.

I would super appreciate if someone knows how to solve this problem.

Direct link Reply with quote

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:47
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Select all Dec 20, 2013

Select the complete translation, choose Edit > Change Segment Status > Translation Approved.
Save and close the file.

[Bijgewerkt op 2013-12-20 16:21 GMT]

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:47
English to Spanish
Display Filter: Translated Dec 20, 2013

If you do not want to touch any other translation unit, you can use the display filter and select "Translated".

Only translation units marked as "Translated" will show, then you can apply what Renée is telling you.

Good luck

Christin Lee
TOPIC STARTER
I want to find the Translated Dec 22, 2013

Thank you, Miguel and Renée.

However, my problem is the sdlxliff file is huge, and I need to know how to find the TRANSLATED, then I can easily change the status to Translation Aprroved.

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:47
English to Spanish
To change status from "Translated" to "Translation Approved" Dec 22, 2013

Christin Lee wrote:

However, my problem is the sdlxliff file is huge, and I need to know how to find the TRANSLATED, then I can easily change the status to Translation Aprroved.

Hi Christin,

To globally change the segment status in an SDLXLIFF file from "Translated" to "Translation Approved", do the following:

1. Make a copy of the SDLXLIFF file

2. Open the SDLXLIFF file copy in a text program like Notepad, Notepad++, etc.

3. Perform a global replace: conf="Translated" for conf="ApprovedTranslation". (NOTE: Include all the text as shown [conf="..."], i.e., including conf and the quotation marks, otherwise you might corrupt the file!)

4. Open the SDLXLIFF file copy in SDL Studio to verify that you obtained the expected result!

5. If all looks OK, make the SDLXLIFF file copy your work file

Best of luck

[Edited at 2013-12-22 19:04 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Doesn’t matter how huge it is... Dec 22, 2013

Christin Lee wrote:

... the process suggested here will work just fine.

If you have multiple files in your Project and they are also huge then it may be easier to use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-tu

Whilst you can edit the file in notepad I wouldn’t recommend it unless you are very confident about what you are doing as it’s not really controlled and quite easy to make a mistake.

Regards

Paul

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
It does matter how huge it is... Dec 22, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Christin Lee wrote:

... the process suggested here will work just fine.

Sorry, Paul, at least for me, it does matter how huge it is. In the end, it will indeed usually work, but for large sdlxliffs, it can take a huge amount of time. Certainly enough to think the programm has crashed, or, if you have more experience, brew and drink a cup of coffee, maybe enjoy a walk round the block too. This on a 64bit Win7 machine with 16GB RAM.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You’re right... Dec 23, 2013

efreitag wrote:

Sorry, Paul, at least for me, it does matter how huge it is. In the end, it will indeed usually work, but for large sdlxliffs, it can take a huge amount of time. Certainly enough to think the programm has crashed, or, if you have more experience, brew and drink a cup of coffee, maybe enjoy a walk round the block too. This on a 64bit Win7 machine with 16GB RAM.

... in that performance wise it will take a while, and may not even be possible at all since the batch tasks can handle larger files than the editor can. In this case the SDLXLIFF Toolkit is the way to go... although I would guess that in this case most of the file is translated so I guess it’s not so large it could not be worked on unless it was split up in the first case.

Regards

Paul

Christin Lee
TOPIC STARTER
I will try and see if your method works Dec 23, 2013

Muchas Gracias, Miguel!!!!!!!!!

Miguel Carmona wrote:

Christin Lee wrote:

Hi Christin,

To globally change the segment status in an SDLXLIFF file from "Translated" to "Translation Approved", do the following:

1. Make a copy of the SDLXLIFF file

2. Open the SDLXLIFF file copy in a text program like Notepad, Notepad++, etc.

3. Perform a global replace: conf="Translated" for conf="ApprovedTranslation". (NOTE: Include all the text as shown [conf="..."], i.e., including conf and the quotation marks, otherwise you might corrupt the file!)

4. Open the SDLXLIFF file copy in SDL Studio to verify that you obtained the expected result!

5. If all looks OK, make the SDLXLIFF file copy your work file

Best of luck

[Edited at 2013-12-22 19:04 GMT]

yakky  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
If you need to check the translated segments Dec 23, 2013

Christin Lee wrote:

Hi all,

I met a problem. Sometimes we got translated sdlxliff file from linguists, and at the right bottom, it indicates: 0.61% Translated, 99.39% Translation Approved. I tried to find the Translated segments, make them to be Translation Approved. After checking every button, still have no clue.

I would super appreciate if someone knows how to solve this problem.

If you need to check the translated segments one by one and then change the status to "Translation Approved":
1. Ctrl + g (In the "Go To" window, choose "Status" on the left, then only check "Translated" on the right)
2. Click "Next", it will jump to the next translated segment.
3. After this, press Ctrl + J, it will lead you to the following translated segments one by one.

Christin Lee
TOPIC STARTER
Your method is EASY Jan 6, 2014

Thank you so much, Yakky, your method is very easy and effective.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find Translated in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search