How to skip colored text in TagEditor?
Thread poster: Henry Shen

Henry Shen  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 18:56
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 20, 2013

I have a spreadsheet for translation, the source came from a Excel sheet that has 3 columns, the first 2 columns are string ID and descriptions, the 3rd column has text for translation.

The client colored the first 2 columns as red text and generated a TTX file for me to translate, asking me to skip those red text (or just copy source so they will remain in source language after clean up).

The 2nd and 3rd column has a high repetition rate so I just deleted the first 2 columns from the Excel sheet and created a new TTX that has only translatable 3rd column text.

After translation, I found it become a disaster to re-translate client's TTX because the colored text has no tag attributes that can be set as non-translatable text and skipped...

Does anyone know how to create a maybe a INI file or whatsoever setting to be load in TagEditor, so I can go over client's TTX with my final TM and generate a translated TTX meeting the client's expectation? The bottom line is, making TagEditor to skip red text and translate all black text.

I can't possibly do it manually because there're about 10,000 segments in the TTX and 2/3 of it are non-translatable red text with a lot of repetitions.

Any help is welcomed!

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:56
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Autotranslate Dec 20, 2013

You could probably pre-translate the TTX file your client sent to you. Make sure you only pre-translate full matches.
Or does the second column contain the same strings as the third column?

Henry Shen  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 18:56
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autotranslate Dec 20, 2013

I end up creating a new empty TM to translate the first 2 columns and then pre-tranlsate client's TTX, then apply my own final TM to the whole file, then do a manual check and fix from top to bottom...What a waste of time...

Mustafa Mahmoud  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
It is possible Dec 20, 2013

It is possible! I remember a colleague did it perfectly a while ago. I can't remember actually how he did it but as far as I can remember, he created a new INI file "TagEditor>Tools>Tag Settings". Go mess around it and give it a chance!

Bests,
Mustafa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to skip colored text in TagEditor?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search