How does one open a single ttx in Trados 2014?
Thread poster: Harmen Rijks

Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:21
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
Dec 23, 2013

How does one open a single ttx in Trados 2014? I can see how to open projects, create projects, but not how to open a single, already translated ttx. I need to PR this file.

I used to be able to right click on the file and select Trados 2014 to open it, but after I stupidly re-installed Trados 2011 I could only open it in 2011 by right clicking. 2014 has completely vanished.

I can only access 2014 by opening it as a program, but then there is no option to open a single file.....

Trados documentation as usual is pants.

Grrr.

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:21
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Translate Single Document command Dec 23, 2013

From the Welcome Menu or the File > Open menu select the Translate Single Document command (shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+O).

You can probably re-associate Studio 2014 with the relevant file types from Windows' Default Program menu (repairing the current installation of Studio 2014 might do the trick as well).

Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:21
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Open Dec 23, 2013

Thanks, that worked this time.

How do I repair Studio?

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:21
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Change file association Dec 24, 2013

I would advise to associate the file types manually (from Windows Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Associate a file type).

If not, I assume that during the repair process the software registers itself with all the relevant file types. The Repair installation is invoked from the Program and Features menu (the list of all installed programs in your system). Locate 'SDL Trados Studio 2014' in the list, right click it and select Repair.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does one open a single ttx in Trados 2014?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search