creating log files in Trados 2007
Thread poster: rkcharles

rkcharles
Rwanda
Local time: 21:46
English to Kinyarwanda
Dec 27, 2013

Hello friends,

I need some urgent help: How do you create log files in SDL Trados 2007? Am I not supposed to use the Analyse feature in Tools of Workbench? Do I have to first convert the files (from Excel) to be Analysed to some other file type?

Help please!!

CR

Mariusz Duchiński  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:46
English to Polish
to analyse Dec 27, 2013

Hi rkcharles,

First you have to convert the file to ttx format. Drag the xls file icon to TagEditor empty pane. It should open in TagEditor. Next save the file as ttx.

Then choose Tools > Analyse in Trados. Choose the log file location in "Log file" drop down list and name the file. Next drag the ttx file created to the analyse pane and click Analyse. A log file will be created and you can find it in the chosen location or display by clicking the View Log File button.

Mariusz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

creating log files in Trados 2007

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search