Upgrading Trados 2007 to 2014. Can I continue to use Workbench and Tageditor?
Thread poster: keiko miyazaki

keiko miyazaki
Canada
Local time: 23:05
English to Japanese
+ ...
Dec 28, 2013

I recently upgraded from Trados Freelance 2007 to Trados Studio 2014. Since I have installed 2014 while I still have 2007 (I had an extra license), I can use both right now, but I will soon have to install new OS.

However, I cannot return my activation for 2007 since technically, I only have license for 2014. What I need to use is TagEditor and Translator's Workbench, since there is an ongoing project using this one.

If I deactivate 2014 and activate again after installing a new OS, will I still be able to install TagEditor and Workbench from 2007? Is there anyone who can help me???

JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 05:05
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Yes Dec 28, 2013

I've just installed Studio 2014 on a new laptop. On my SDL download page I still have access to download Trados 2007, and on the licences page I still have access to the licence for it. It seems to work fine.

keiko miyazaki
Canada
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download page shows access but not license page Dec 28, 2013

Thank you Jane,

My problem is that on my download page, I still have access to Trados2007, but on my license page, strangely, I do not seem to have license for 2007. So I am afraid....is there anyone who was in the same situation like me???

Radu Nicolaescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 06:05
Member (2006)
German to Romanian
+ ...
upgrade licence Dec 29, 2013

Hallo Myazaki,

what kind of licence do you have for Studio 2014?

standalone? in this case the old Trados 2007 licence should remain valid

upgrade? in this case SDL has canceled your previous version licence when you have activated the new one: that is why you cannot see it more

to have all clear, ask to SDL support for help

keiko miyazaki
Canada
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade Dec 29, 2013

Thank you, Radu. That is upgrade that I purchased, and what you said is exactly what I guessed. My question was that I cannot use Trados, but can I use TagEditor and Workbench alone, not the full trados? Is it possible? Or, it is part of 2007 and I won't be able to?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It’s part of SDL Trados 2007... Dec 29, 2013

... so you won't be able to use these components either.

You can handle TTX files in STudio 2014, and you can access the old 2007 TMs even without upgrading them. So unless you need to access a Trados 2007 TM Server you could handle your Project without TagEditor and Workbench. There’s some information on this here that might be helpful for you : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-um

Regards

Paul

keiko miyazaki
Canada
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about extra license? Dec 29, 2013

Thank you Paul, it clearly explains....

But what about the extra license? I used 2007 on my desktop and laptop, but now I do not see my extra license in my license page...does it mean that I won't be able to use in on either of them? I thought since I had one extra license, I still could use 2007...on one of my devices...where did my extra license go???

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You didn’t really have ... Dec 30, 2013

... and extra license with 2007. This concept was introduced with the Studio platform. In 2007 we allocated additional licenses to users just in case they lost one and needed to reactivate their version of the software.

If you want additional licenses with Studio you need to purchase the plus version and this entitles you to use Studio on multiple machines at the same time.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading Trados 2007 to 2014. Can I continue to use Workbench and Tageditor?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search