connecting translation units
Thread poster: badial
badial
Local time: 23:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 29, 2013

If I have an open translation memory in SDL Trados Studio 2009 and I want to connect or separate two or more translation units from the maintenance menu in "Translation Memory", is there a way of doing so?

Thanks a lot for your help!

[Editado a las 2013-12-29 20:11 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I guess you mean... Dec 30, 2013

... split or join. Join is easy as you just copy one into the other and then delete the one left over. Split is harder because you’d need an addition unit to do this and it’s not possible in the maintenance view.

One option is to use SDLTmConvert from the OpenExchange and then do these operations in the Studio Editor as described here : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-mq

Regards

Paul

badial
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
exactly Jan 3, 2014

Yes, you are right: split or join.

Thank you very much for your reply. It has been of much use. It would be good if new versions make this easier in the future.

Best regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

connecting translation units

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search