Trados Studio 2009 does not open files created in MS Word 2013
Thread poster: makeyev
makeyev
Russian Federation
Dec 30, 2013

Trados Studio 2009 does not open files created in Microsoft Word 2013. The message:"The file was not created by supported version of Microsoft Word application and will not be processed.File was not created in Microsoft Office 2007. "
Option with overstoring file in earlier version Microsoft Office does not fit.It possible to solve problems by using the settings in the most Trados Studio 2009?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:56
English
You need Studio 2011 or 2014... Dec 30, 2013

... as this format is too new for 2009. However, Dominique Pivard created a video when 2011 first came out that explains a workaround that you could use for 2009. The video is out of date now but for 2009 users the principle still applies : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyS0Cp9F4PE#t=73

I better add that I have no idea what else may be in the file that is not handled correctly because 2009 is well out of date now. So you make these changes at your own risk. But if the content of the file is simple text you should be ok.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2013-12-30 15:06 GMT]

Injoon Kim  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:56
English to Korean
+ ...
Yes! This is the right Solution! Apr 26, 2014

Paul said:
... as this format is too new for 2009. However, Dominique Pivard created a video when 2011 first came out that explains a workaround that you could use for 2009. The video is out of date now but for 2009 users the principle still applies : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyS0Cp9F4PE#t=73

----------------

Oh, Yes!
That is the right solution. Thank you very much. I didn't know the docx is actually a zip file. It's awesome!

I use MS Office 2010, and my Trados 2009 could not read any *.doc or *.docs from my PC. It cannot read *.doc because there is no Office 2003 installed on my PC, while it cannot read docx because the file is made by 2010 not 2007.

Now I can change the version of the xlsx file to the MS Office 2007 (version #12) and my Trados can read it without any error. Thank you so much again to the CATguruEN, the youtube uploader and Paul.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 does not open files created in MS Word 2013

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search