Thread poster: pierre coutin

pierre coutin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:35
Spanish to French
+ ...
Dec 30, 2013

Hello:

Is there any way to make Sdlxliff Compare work with Studio 2014 ?

Thanks.

[Modifié le 2013-12-30 19:13 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It should do already... Dec 31, 2013

... I think. As far as I am aware this application compares SDLXLIFF files or folders of SDLXLIFF files so it should work fine on this basis.

If you try to compare Projects there may be an issue, but in this case you need to wait for the developer to update the application to support 2014.

I know he has created a new application called Post-edit Compare that is far more functional, supports 2009, 2011 and 2014, and will be released to the OpenExchange in early January. You can read about this here : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-xY

I’d recommend you contact the developer however... he’s very responsive.

Regards

Paul

Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't work in my computer Jan 2, 2014

Thank you for your answer but I can't make it work. In fact, I don't know if it is due to the Trados version or to my computer configuration. I only know that it was working with Studio 2011.
I will continue to investigate to try to fix it until the release of the new Post-edit Compare.

Cheers.

Pierre

Daniel McCosh
Germany
German to English
An alternative - changeTracker Feb 28, 2014

I also found that XLIFF Compare doesn't work with Studio 2014 as some of the libraries have been updated. I found a good free alternative at http://www.change-tracker.com/download which covers other file types include memoq, sdlxliff etc. It is a very simple tool but it works.
Hope this helps anyone with the same problem,
Daniel

Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 28, 2014

Thank you Daniel:
I use ChangeTraker too. It works very well and it is very fast. There is a new version of XLIFF Compare for Studio 2014 with a lot of new feature but it is not free anymore.

Regards,

Pierre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 and sdlxliff Compare

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search