https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/262093-no_segments_in_editor_view.html

No segments in Editor view
Thread poster: Zeki Güler
Zeki Güler
Zeki Güler  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:26
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 1, 2014

Hi,

I bought SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance last week as my first ever CAT tool.
I read its manuals, watched videos etc.
But..

I tried to translate a single Word doc. , in editör section only the name of that doc appears but no segments or sentences. It is not clickable. I tried for a pdf. and faced the same problem.

Second, I even cannot start translating the sample doc which came with the product.
This may be due to the fact that: dur
... See more
Hi,

I bought SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance last week as my first ever CAT tool.
I read its manuals, watched videos etc.
But..

I tried to translate a single Word doc. , in editör section only the name of that doc appears but no segments or sentences. It is not clickable. I tried for a pdf. and faced the same problem.

Second, I even cannot start translating the sample doc which came with the product.
This may be due to the fact that: during installation, I set my language and English. But now I cannot add other languages. I tried options-all language pairs etc but I failed. I need somebody oversee me step by step to get started.

How can I start using it ! I am really frustrated.

Best
Zeki
Collapse

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:26
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Just a wild guess Jan 1, 2014

Hi Zeki,

Just a wild guess, but what happens if you right-click on the file (name) that is displayed? It should give you an option to set the project as "active" or to open the file for translation...

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:26
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
You should go to target folder Jan 1, 2014

Hi Zeki,

You should go to target folder - after having created the project you are in the source folder. To go to the target folder, click on the target language in the left part of the screen. The files will be clickable then and you will be able to start translating.

Natalia

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:26
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Step-by-step guide for first-time users Jan 1, 2014

Zeki Bey wrote:

How can I start using it !

As this question comes up quite often, I've just written up a step-by-step guide to translating your very first file in Studio:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/01/01/first_file/

during installation, I set my language and English. But now I cannot add other languages.

With the freelance version you can select up to five languages when you open Studio for the first time (each language includes all its variants). If you need to add more to the two that you have entered (or change these languages), uninstall Studio and reinstall it.

HTH,
Emma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No segments in Editor view

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »