Add Quick Insert for all file types?
Thread poster: DorZL

DorZL  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:52
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 5, 2014

Is there a way to add Quick Insert entries for all files types without going file by file? There are some characters I need for ALL projects in ALL file types.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:52
English
Not possible... Jan 5, 2014

... and this is deliberately so because not all filetypes allow all special characters. However, if you feel you have something that you are using that is relevant to every filetype in Studio (be careful with *ML files) then maybe try using AutoHotKey instead? There’s an article or two on this blog that might be interesting:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/tag/autohotkey/

Regards

Paul

Nick Hoyle
Local time: 02:52
German to English
Custom QuickInsert created but keyboard shortcut doesn't work Jan 31, 2014

I created a QuickInsert for a smart apostrophe ’ in the hope that a one-off keyboard shortcut would be less laborious than Alt+0146 every time - it shows the shortcut as Ctrl+Shift+0 when I hover over the new button, but nothing happens when I select that combination. Should I be doing something more?
Also, can you redefine this keyboard combination, which seems to be allocated automatically?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add Quick Insert for all file types?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search