Ctr+F12 doesn't work in Muliterm 2014
Thread poster: Lorenzo Bermejo

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 02:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 5, 2014

dear All, I can use Ctrl+F2 to add terms in Multiterm 2014 within Studio 2014 like a charm, but I can't save them using Ctrl+F12. clicking the corresponding icon for this, nevertheless, works perfectly. I haven't assigned this shortcut to anything else.
are you having the same problem?
do you know of a solution?
many thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
shortcuts correctly assigned Jan 5, 2014

I have both Ctrl+F2 and Ctrl+F12 correctly assigned in Studio 2014.

xxxowhisonant  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Just a hunch... Jan 7, 2014

Have you tried CTRL+ALT+F?

I found today that the Confirm segment shortcut changed from CTRL+Enter to CTRL+ALT+Enter

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tried it Jan 7, 2014

owhisonant wrote:

I found today that the Confirm segment shortcut changed from CTRL+Enter to CTRL+ALT+Enter

I've just tried your hint but it doesn't work. thanks anyway! also tried Ctrl+Alt+F12, Ctrl+Large caps+F12 and they don't work either.

BTW, I still have in Studio 2014 the shortcut Ctrl+Enter to confirm segments by default.

cheers.

xxxowhisonant  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Interesting, thanks... Jan 7, 2014

Lorenzo Bermejo wrote:

owhisonant wrote:

I've just tried your hint but it doesn't work. thanks anyway! also tried Ctrl+Alt+F12, Ctrl+Large caps+F12 and they don't work either.

BTW, I still have in Studio 2014 the shortcut Ctrl+Enter to confirm segments by default.

cheers.

I installed 2014 fresh out of the box, and got the CTRL+ALT+... combo by default. Thought my keyboard was messed up

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
localization Jan 7, 2014

maybe your Studio 2014 UI is in German and includes such a variance?
can't imagine what else it could be.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Depends on user profile Jan 8, 2014

Lorenzo Bermejo wrote:

can't imagine what else it could be.

Variations in the shortcut for "confirm segment" depend on which profile you selected when you installed Studio for the first time (default, SDLX or Trados profile) and, obviously, whether you have customised the shortcut.

The shortcut in the default profile is Confirm+Enter.

But I'm afraid this is all off-topic, because your original question relates to the shortcut for saving a term. Ctrl+F12 works for me, so I can't help on that one.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solved Jan 10, 2014

Olly found the solution and posted it in another post. I'm pasting here his reply:

@ Lorenzo
I just discovered this: if I enter another command (such as ctrl+enter to confirm a segment) after ctrl+F2 and THEN press ctrl+F12 then it works!

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ctr+F12 doesn't work in Muliterm 2014

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search