Moving Studio 2011 Keyboard Shortcuts to New Laptop
Thread poster: JoelD

JoelD  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
Japanese to English
Jan 6, 2014

Just got a new computer.

I am familiar with the license deactivation/reactivation process, and I am pretty sure I can move Project Templates just by copying them to the right folder on the new machine but...

Is there any way to transfer Keyboard Shortcuts and display settings to a new machine? I recall several weeks of tweaking after my last transfer.

It's been several years since I moved Trados to a new computer, so any advice is welcome.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:20
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
User profile Jan 6, 2014

Customised shortcuts and window layout are saved in your user profile.

You can export your profile by going to File>Setup>Manage user profile. Follow the wizard and save your profile to a pendrive so you can import it on your new computer.
HTH,
Emma

JoelD  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Emma Jan 6, 2014

Thank you Emma--exactly what I needed to know

JoelD  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Can't update Templates--FIXED Jan 10, 2014

I think I fixed this thank to this

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/227974-error_in_studio_2011_translation_memory_not_found.html#1973146

I still don't understand why, after altering my templates, they wouldn't overwrite the template files. Seems to be working now.

------------

Thanks to Emma I moved my settings and profile info with no problem.

I cut and paste my templates to the new machine, and as expected, Trados couldn't find the Termbases and TMs because of different paths the first time around.

I specified the new locations and at the end of the Project setup phase, I checked the box that said update this template, but every time I start a new project from a template, Trados still prompts me to locate the TM and Termbases, and I have to go find them all over again.

Is there nothing I can do other than recreate all of my templates from scratch?

------------

[Edited at 2014-01-10 03:32 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:20
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Moving Studio to a new computer Feb 11, 2014

If anyone else arrives here looking for instructions on how to move Studio to a new computer, they might like to visit my blog post on the subject:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/02/11/studio-on-a-new-computer/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moving Studio 2011 Keyboard Shortcuts to New Laptop

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search