Thread poster: Laurence Nerry

Laurence Nerry  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:54
Member (2007)
English to French
Jan 7, 2014

Dear all,

The following error message regularly pops up while generating target (docx) files:
Failed to save target content: Missing tag

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:54
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Mabye the followign blog post could help you Jan 11, 2014

How to Solve an Error when Trying to Save Target Document in SDL Studio.

It describes the most common causes for errors when trying to save target as.

Laurence Nerry  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:54
Member (2007)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Very helpful blogpost on missing tag error message in SDL Studio Jan 13, 2014

I would just like to thank you for pointing this very useful blog post out to me (and for writing it in the first place).

Up to now, I had to send my sdlxliff file back to the agency I work for in SDL Studio environment, they would generate the target file, and send it back to me--something which, I've read here and there, is not unusual. However, I used to find this very tedious and adding to the usual delivery time stress.

Looking for answers, I had already noted some of the points you mention in your article, but not all of them. I'm afraid I hadn't even thought of your point number one (the "open and repair" button)--which worked on the latest file which caused me this problem.

So thank you again for this very clear and thorough article!

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:54
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I'm glad it helped Jan 14, 2014

Following these best practices (starting with saving target after project creation and before actually starting to work on it) can help reduce the number of issues when trying to create the target document, or at least identify them in time to allow the necessary corrective measures to be made.

I'm glad that you have found it useful and that it helped you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message while generating target file

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search