Error message: The translation memory could not be found..
Thread poster: Heather McCrae

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:34
Member (2012)
German to English
Jan 8, 2014

I tidied up my directories and then, when I opened SDL 2011, I keep getting this error messages that "The translation memory xxxx cound not be found, Click OK to specify its location or Cancel to disable this translation memory"
well, I have searched for and located the old TMs (which I do not want to use and which are now in different locations, due to the tidy up), but the error messages still appear repeatedly irrespective of whether I click OK or Cancel. This is really getting on my nerves as I have to click about 20 times before all the messages vanish, and each time I want to open a project or file, etc. they come back again!!!

please help!
Heather

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Similar thread Jan 8, 2014

Paul's and Stanislav's answers in this thread will probably help you solve this issue:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/227974-error_in_studio_2011_translation_memory_not_found.html

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jan 8, 2014

I did do a search, but did not find that thread, so thanks Emma!
I have tried the one solution, will see how that goes (translation memories view).
cheers!
Heather

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: The translation memory could not be found..

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search