https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/262370-error_message_the_translation_memory_could_not_be_found.html

Error message: The translation memory could not be found..
Thread poster: Heather McCrae
Heather McCrae
Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:47
German to English
Jan 8, 2014

I tidied up my directories and then, when I opened SDL 2011, I keep getting this error messages that "The translation memory xxxx cound not be found, Click OK to specify its location or Cancel to disable this translation memory"
well, I have searched for and located the old TMs (which I do not want to use and which are now in different locations, due to the tidy up), but the error messages still appear repeatedly irrespective of whether I click OK or Cancel. This is really getting on my ne
... See more
I tidied up my directories and then, when I opened SDL 2011, I keep getting this error messages that "The translation memory xxxx cound not be found, Click OK to specify its location or Cancel to disable this translation memory"
well, I have searched for and located the old TMs (which I do not want to use and which are now in different locations, due to the tidy up), but the error messages still appear repeatedly irrespective of whether I click OK or Cancel. This is really getting on my nerves as I have to click about 20 times before all the messages vanish, and each time I want to open a project or file, etc. they come back again!!!

please help!
Heather
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Similar thread Jan 8, 2014

Paul's and Stanislav's answers in this thread will probably help you solve this issue:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/227974-error_in_studio_2011_translation_memory_not_found.html

Heather McCrae
Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jan 8, 2014

I did do a search, but did not find that thread, so thanks Emma!
I have tried the one solution, will see how that goes (translation memories view).
cheers!
Heather

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: The translation memory could not be found..

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »