Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:38
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 8, 2014

Dear colleagues,

A couple of weeks ago I reinstalled the operating system (Windows 7) on my computer. Before I did so, I returned my Studio licence (by clicking on the corresponding menu option) and got the message: "You successfully deactivated SDL Studio" (or something like that).

However, when I go to the SDL homepage and log into "My SDL" in order to download the program and install it, it says that my licence is still in use. I don't understand this. Since I retur
... See more
Dear colleagues,

A couple of weeks ago I reinstalled the operating system (Windows 7) on my computer. Before I did so, I returned my Studio licence (by clicking on the corresponding menu option) and got the message: "You successfully deactivated SDL Studio" (or something like that).

However, when I go to the SDL homepage and log into "My SDL" in order to download the program and install it, it says that my licence is still in use. I don't understand this. Since I returned the licence, should the licence not be available?

Has anybody else ever experienced this problem?

Kind regards,

Olaf
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:38
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Welcome to the club ... Jan 8, 2014

¡Hola! I am experiencing the same problem right now, excepting that my license is for Freelance Plus edition. Therefore, I have not one but two PCs where TRADOS does not operate. At least I have DéjàVu for working on the sdlxliff and ttx files.

Y ahora, ¿quién podrá defendernos?

Saludos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL licence still "in use" despite having returned it

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »