Thread poster: Gabriela Rivera

Gabriela Rivera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2014

Hello everybody,

I am translating a text using Trados 2011, but it doesn't let me save the target file. It says there is an additional tag but it doesn't say in what segment, it only says "... in segment .", and I have spent hours looking for a solution but nothing works. I even started the translation all over again and the same thing happened again.

I used the "verify" tool but nothing changed, and I'm desperate because nothing seems to work. I'm very frustrated now because every time I have to work with Trados, there's a problem.

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance!

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:39
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Urgent Jan 9, 2014

Hi Gabriela,

The message box on the top of the window when displayed, enables you to see tag in file with one right to locate tag and the type of error.

I had problems with tags and even checking one by one, it didn't work so I emailed client and they told me not to worry because that was an issue regarding Trados. My Trados is also 2011 and they had created the doc in 2009 and the problem started there. This is what I heard.
Another thing I did was translate till the last fuzzy match and thousands of tags with problem were shown in message box I mentioned to you above. So I did check one by one.

Maybe someone has a quicker solution.

Hope you sorte it out.

Paulinho

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:39
English
Just double click... Jan 9, 2014

Gabriela Rivera wrote:

It says there is an additional tag but it doesn't say in what segment, it only says "... in segment .", and I have spent hours looking for a solution but nothing works. I even started the translation all over again and the same thing happened again.

... the message in the message window and you’ll be taken to the segment.

Regards

Paul

Gabriela Rivera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your help. Jan 10, 2014

The first thing I did was to double click on it but it took me to a segment with no tags at all, then I saw the segment was a hyperlink in the original text, but even when I did everything I found online that might help, I couldn't save the target file.

I removed the hyperlinks in the Word file and that was the only way I could save it, but it was a lot of work to add each hyperlink manually.

I told my client about the issue and he told me the same thing your client said to you, Paulinho.

I have delivered the file now, but I have to say, I really don't like Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent. How to run Tag Verification? Trados 2011

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search