Problems importing changes from export review doc
Thread poster: Mette S-K

Mette S-K  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:09
English to Danish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2014

Hello
Have any of you experienced problems with importing changes from an export review doc - both in Studio 2011 and 2014. It worked yesterday, however, something must have happened the day (I installed a Windows update) and now the feature does not function - neither on my laptop or stationary.
The problem is that it simply does not insert the changes when importing the revised Word document.

Could anyone please help here as I am very fond of this feature

Thanks

Mette

[Edited at 2014-01-10 07:18 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Taru Laiho
Local time: 23:09
Finnish to English
+ ...
Do you mean the problem described in this string? Jan 10, 2014

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/229291-cannot_import_docx_after_external_review_trados_2011_sp2.html

English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Jan 10, 2014

No, I do not get an error message. The changes simply do not register when importing the proofread export file in Studio 2011/2014.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
App or Batch task Jan 10, 2014

Dear Mette,

Are you using the OpenExchange app (SDLXLIFF Converter) or Studio's built-in batch tasks? If you're using the app, check the import settings: Maybe they're set to import only segments with tracked changes. If you have switched off the track changes option in Word, nothing will be imported.

Strangely enough, there are no such settings for the batch tasks (afaik).

HTH,
Erik

English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The build-in batch Jan 10, 2014

efreitag wrote:

Dear Mette,

Are you using the OpenExchange app (SDLXLIFF Converter) or Studio's built-in batch tasks? If you're using the app, check the import settings: Maybe they're set to import only segments with tracked changes. If you have switched off the track changes option in Word, nothing will be imported.

Strangely enough, there are no such settings for the batch tasks (afaik).

HTH,
Erik

Dear Erik
It is in the build-in batch task. The weird thing is that I have not had problems with it before and suddenly (the same day) both versions (2011 and 2014) do not register changes when updating the external review.

Mette

English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please - help needed... somebody Jan 13, 2014

Hello - I still haven't solved this problem and it is really a problem. I have tried to use SDL XLIFF Converter for Microsoft Word, however, I experience the same problem. No changes are registered in my Studio 2011/2014 docs.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The most common reason for this... Jan 13, 2014

... is that the word document sent out for review is opened directly from Outlook and worked on, rather than saving it to your desktop first and then working on it.

It may be, if this is the reason, that you’ll have to redo the changes again. You can probably copy and paste them into a document you create (target column only) but you’ll have to review in Word rather than in Studio because you can’t copy and paste the tracked changes.

Regards

Paul

English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmmmm ... Jan 13, 2014

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply. I have tried this. I have tried to make a new export document and then copy and paste the proof read text into this new document, however, the problem continues. I have tried to reinstall Studio 2014 without any luck. And as mentioned it is the same with my other computer. And I am under the illusion that this occurred after a Windows update. But then I would not be the only one having this problem, I guess.

Regards

Mette

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
ok... Jan 13, 2014

... can you share the files? If so can you send me the fully translated sdlxliff you are trying to update, the original source file and the updated review file you have for update.

I can take a look and see if I can help.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems importing changes from export review doc

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search