Help with Trados 2011 TMX Import error: got "tu", expecting (notelprop)...
Thread poster: judithsca
judithsca
South Korea
Local time: 23:30
German to English
+ ...
Jan 10, 2014

Hello all - I had an alignment of a large, fussy set of documents that, after 30 hours worth of work, it was discovered that the files contained ridiculous formating tags sandwiching every single letter. We opened the TMX file in Notepad++ and used Regex to remove the tags and produce clean TUs. However, when we went to import the file into Trados 2011, we got the following error:

got "tu", expecting (notelprop)* tuv+ (System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl).

I have spent several hours now googling and reading, and I have not found a solution that has helped (saving it as a txt. and trying to import it into workbench did not work).

Help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:00
German to Swedish
+ ...
Bad TMX Jan 10, 2014

Sounds like the TMX is malformed.
If you get a line number, you could follow the code back for a bit and see if there's an unclosed <notelprop> tag. However, there's no such element (<notelprop>) in the TMX file format specification. (There are, however, <note> and <prop> elements... perhaps you did some unexpected regex work?)

A TMX file is an XML file, so you could try opening it in an XML parser and see if it generates better error messages.

(I think it's unlikely to be an error in the TMX parser, since TMX is a very simple format to read.)

FarkasAndras
Local time: 16:00
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Bad TMX Jan 10, 2014

Your search&replace chicanery probably removed/corrupted/added some tags.
If you post an excerpt from the file here, I'll have a look and see if I can tell you how to fix it. I see two possibilities: 1) S&R corrupted all TUs because you accidentally removed/modified <tu> tags or something like that. 2) only one TU or a handful of TUs were corrupted because of their particular content. If you create a mini-TMX with just one TU and try to import it, you'll probably find out which it is.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Trados 2011 TMX Import error: got "tu", expecting (notelprop)...

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search