Returning extra license activation only?
Thread poster: Nil Ramos
Nil Ramos
Nil Ramos
Malta
Local time: 02:36
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 13, 2014

Hello,

I have a Studio 2011 license with one extra activation, so I can use it on two computers.
Both are in use at the moment. However, I'm not using it on my old computer anymore, I don't even have that one anymore. But I forgot to deactivate the license in Studio on that computer before thrashing it.

Now I want to activate Studio on another computer (a 3rd one). How could I do that? Can I return/deactivate both my license and the extra activation from the co
... See more
Hello,

I have a Studio 2011 license with one extra activation, so I can use it on two computers.
Both are in use at the moment. However, I'm not using it on my old computer anymore, I don't even have that one anymore. But I forgot to deactivate the license in Studio on that computer before thrashing it.

Now I want to activate Studio on another computer (a 3rd one). How could I do that? Can I return/deactivate both my license and the extra activation from the computer I'm using now? (is there a difference between returning a licence and deactivating it?) How long would that take?

Or how should I go about this?

Many thanks for your help.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:36
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Ask SDL to reset your license. Jan 13, 2014

Yes, returning and deactivating the license is the same thing.
No, you can't deactivate the extra license from your first license activation.

If you've lost a license (either one), go to http://kb.sdl.com/ and click on the solution finder tab.
Go to Licensing problems>I use SDL Trados Studio… 2011 or 2014> I need to have my license reset and complete the form that appears there.

... See more
Yes, returning and deactivating the license is the same thing.
No, you can't deactivate the extra license from your first license activation.

If you've lost a license (either one), go to http://kb.sdl.com/ and click on the solution finder tab.
Go to Licensing problems>I use SDL Trados Studio… 2011 or 2014> I need to have my license reset and complete the form that appears there.

It'll probably be reset in a day or two.

While you're waiting, you could return your current license running on one machine and activate it on your new machine, and keep switching backwards and forwards as needed.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Returning extra license activation only?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »