Thread poster: Maria Ester D'Angelo Rastelli
Maria Ester D'Angelo Rastelli
Maria Ester D'Angelo Rastelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 13, 2014

I was working on a very long translation with Trados Studio when it unexpectedly closed (with one segment probably opened). Now I cannot open my file any more and Trados studio gives me the following error message:

Unexpected error when detecting file type for file ………..sdlxliff. Fine file imprevista. I seguenti elementi non sono chiusi: internal-file, reference, header, file, xliff. Riga 3646, posizione 1.

How can I solve this problem and open my file agai
... See more
I was working on a very long translation with Trados Studio when it unexpectedly closed (with one segment probably opened). Now I cannot open my file any more and Trados studio gives me the following error message:

Unexpected error when detecting file type for file ………..sdlxliff. Fine file imprevista. I seguenti elementi non sono chiusi: internal-file, reference, header, file, xliff. Riga 3646, posizione 1.

How can I solve this problem and open my file again? I am desperate because it was a very long file and I had almost finished to translate it. Please help me!!!!
Thank you.
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 17:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
possible easy solution Jan 13, 2014

hi Maria, don't worry, your work is not lost. it is surely contained in the TM you have been using for the job you were doing when Studio closed unexpectedly.
my possible solution would be the following:

1) in the Windows Control Panel > Add or remove programs > Studio 20xx Suite of Products, right click, do a Repair Installation.
2) try to open Studio again. you will have to insert the 5 languages again.

if this lets you open Studio but you can't open the f
... See more
hi Maria, don't worry, your work is not lost. it is surely contained in the TM you have been using for the job you were doing when Studio closed unexpectedly.
my possible solution would be the following:

1) in the Windows Control Panel > Add or remove programs > Studio 20xx Suite of Products, right click, do a Repair Installation.
2) try to open Studio again. you will have to insert the 5 languages again.

if this lets you open Studio but you can't open the file you were working on, create a new Project in Studio, add your source file AND link to it the TM you were using for it.
you will find the TM, if you're using the default settings, in the folder Studio 20xx/Projects/(your project that won't let you open the file)/TM.

then, you can pretranslate all your work again and continue working.
good luck! the worst problems have the easiest solutions!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error message "Fine file imprevista"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »