Thread poster: Anders Nylén

Anders Nylén  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:06
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 15, 2014

Hi!

I am in desperate need of help..

I am working on an assignment, and I'm halfway through it. First time I saved the target a couple of days ago, it was no problem. But tonight, when I started working on it and tried to save it I get the following error message:
"Failed to save target content: Det gick inte att omvandla ett objekt av typen System String till typen Sdl.File TypeSupport.Filters.IDML.FileFormat.Datacontainers.AResource"

(something like "Trados couldn't convert an object of type System String to Sdl.File TypeSupport.Filters.IDML.FileFormat.Datacontainers.AResource)

I would be incredibly grateful if someone knew the solution to this problem. Haven't seen it before. I am using SDL Trados 2011

Best regards,

Anders

In Swedish:
Skall spara en golföversättning i Trados. Funkade när jag bara importerade IDMLfilen i trados och sparade en gång utan att ha börjat översätta (för ett par dagar sedan) men när jag nu sparar efter att ha översatt hälften säger skiten:
"Failed to save target content: Det gick inte att omvandla ett objekt av typen System String till typen Sdl.File TypeSupport.Filters.IDML.FileFormat.Datacontainers.AResource"

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
possible solution Jan 16, 2014

hi Anders, I can think the following might work;

if you were working on a .docx, save the source as .doc and pretranslate it again with the TM you were using. then, try to save the target.
of if you were working on a .doc, save the source as a .docx and try the same.

it is unusual you could save the target a time ago but not now.

the workaround could also be to find some offending tag in the source file that might be hindering your work. possibly, a broken bookmark. really can't tell.

anyway, your work isn't lost. it is contained in the TM you have been using.

good luck, and please post your results when you get to a solution. I always receive and return packages, and I'm just giving you information that appears in other posts about this nightmare that Studio sometimes produces!

Daouda Gassama
Senegal
Local time: 19:06
English to French
+ ...
Failed to save target content Jan 16, 2014

Hi, I have had the same problem and solved it taking the following steps:
1. Make sure that your work is saved in the translation memory
2. If the source file is a Microsoft word document, open a new document
3. Open the source document, copy it and paste it in the new document you have previously opened and rename it
4. Add that new document to your current Trados project
5. Run batch tasks, so that your new document become a translatable file
6. Open it, as it is now part of the project you were currently working in
7. At that moment the TM should give you back all the segments you have translated so far
8. Save now target as... It should be alright.

Another tip:
Click on the error message, it should display the segment where the error occurs (sometimes the error occurs in one or two segments above or below the displayed segment). Display all tags and try to correct the missing tags or other format settings.
Good luck

Paroliamo.de  Identity Verified
Italian to German
+ ...
dawudagassama, you are my hero! Your solution was the only one which worked! Feb 15, 2016

dawudagassama wrote:

Hi, I have had the same problem and solved it taking the following steps:
1. Make sure that your work is saved in the translation memory
2. If the source file is a Microsoft word document, open a new document
3. Open the source document, copy it and paste it in the new document you have previously opened and rename it
4. Add that new document to your current Trados project
5. Run batch tasks, so that your new document become a translatable file
6. Open it, as it is now part of the project you were currently working in
7. At that moment the TM should give you back all the segments you have translated so far
8. Save now target as... It should be alright.

Another tip:
Click on the error message, it should display the segment where the error occurs (sometimes the error occurs in one or two segments above or below the displayed segment). Display all tags and try to correct the missing tags or other format settings.
Good luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't save file - error message "Failed to save target content..."

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search