Change second computer licence to a new computer?
Thread poster: maker
maker  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:30
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 16, 2014

I have a Studio 2009 licence which I have in use on two computers, although my desktop is not in use since long since it is broken. I have a new laptop which I want to use Trados on instead of the other second computer. What to do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
How to license Studio on your new laptop Jan 16, 2014

Return the working license from your current computer and then activate it on your new laptop.

Also, it would be a good idea to ask SDL to reset your lost license in case you need it in the future. For more details, see this thread:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/262606-returning_extra_license_activation_only.html

HTH,
Emma

maker  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not that simple Jan 16, 2014

It's that I already have "used up" the lincences, I have it for two computers and on SDL it says they are in use.
How to prove one is not in use, or is it possible anyway?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
SDL Solution Finder Jan 16, 2014

maker wrote:

How to prove one is not in use, or is it possible anyway?

Just ask SDL to reset it.
If you're not sure how to do this, follow the instructions in the above link.

maker  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok Jan 16, 2014

Okay, thanks, I will try that.

Dr. Matthias Schauen  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Any luck? Jan 28, 2014

Hi maker, how did this work out? I am asking because I have a very similar problem and received no response at all from SDL. I might have made a mistake when trying to navigate through their Help/Knowledge Base system and might have posted my request at the wrong place.

Cheers,
Matthias

[Edited at 2014-01-28 10:08 GMT]

maker  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
a link from SDL Feb 7, 2014

Sorry for not replying earlier.
I got this reply

We have now launched a new Self Service option that will allow you to reset your licence in order to allow you to reactivate.

Please find below the link to the KB article that describes the process for you to follow:-

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4295&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Dr. Matthias Schauen wrote:

Hi maker, how did this work out? I am asking because I have a very similar problem and received no response at all from SDL. I might have made a mistake when trying to navigate through their Help/Knowledge Base system and might have posted my request at the wrong place.

Cheers,
Matthias

[Edited at 2014-01-28 10:08 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change second computer licence to a new computer?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search