Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:31
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 16, 2014

It always happens: I am working on a project with several files. Some files don't have their status updated in the file-view: although I have translated them (100%), saved them (of course), their status is shown as if I haven't worked on them.
If I continue working and save the project as a return package, these files (shown as not translated) have no problem at all.

Why does this happen and how can I correct this? It's annoying and disturbs the workflow!

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Doan Quang  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 01:31
English to Vietnamese
in Review status Jan 17, 2014

I often see the progress status (0%) after translation completes but in Review not Translation, I am not sure it is the case.

Doan Quang

xxxowhisonant  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Silly Question... Jan 19, 2014

... you are confirming segments as translated, right?

With Studio 2011, SP2, under Windows XP and 7, I have only observed the behavior you describe when segments had not been confirmed, even though the file was saved.

If you have confirmed, perhaps try to force the update by unconfirming the segments, saving the file, then re-confirming the translated segments, and saving the file again.

Finally, I might also try the standard software aspirin: Save your work, and restart the application.

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
translated and saved Jan 19, 2014

Of, course
I'm confirming the segments as translated AND saving the files. Funny is that some files in the projects are shown 100% translated (files view), others, although they are also 100% translated, are shown as 3% or something like that.

I am working with Studio 2011, Windows 7 on Parallels (Mac).

I'll try out your tips, owhisonant, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Status of translated files of Studio 2011 project don't update

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search