On create an "asymmetric" project in Studio 2011 or 2014
Thread poster: walkqisky

walkqisky
Local time: 15:41
English to Chinese
Jan 17, 2014

This is an issue haunted me for a long time, and after trying Studio 2014 it seems no conspicuous solutions yet.
Let me explain the term "asymmetric" here, there are a bunch of files, and a part of which require a little different target language translation, e.g. A.doc, B.doc, and C.doc require en-US->zh-CN language pair, but B.doc and C.doc only require en-US->de-DE language pair, now it is so called "asymmetric".
For a long time the turnaround solution is to create a project including all the files, and after the project creation swith to the different target languages in the Files view to delete the unnecessary files. The disadvantage is obvious if the quantity of required target languages goes up, either tended to delete by mistake or waste a considerable time of unnecessary files analysis.
I wonder if the adding project files dialog during the project creation could be smarter, for example, adding files for each language respectively. How is this idea? Hopefully the dev team could consider it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On create an "asymmetric" project in Studio 2011 or 2014

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search