help with installation please
Thread poster: keithvan
keithvan
Germany
Local time: 00:12
German to English
Jan 18, 2014

I work with Trados Studio 2011 on my PC which runs WindowsXP. I have now installed it again on my laptop which runs Windows 7 Home Premium. SDL Multiterm opens fine. When I try to open Trados studio I get an error message entitled Product Activation. At the same time a Java window opens saying that Java is not secure. A friend told me to install Jave 7.25 but this has not helped. Any advice?
The exact message in German is: Unbehandelte Ausnahme in der Anwendung...... and the next paragraph is in English: Invalid digital signature...

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
First question Jan 18, 2014

Where have you downloaded the software from and do you have the license for one computer or for two?

keithvan
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Trados licence Jan 18, 2014

Thanks for your reply Natalie, in fact I checked with SDL and they said I could use a 2nd computer but I have checked again under My Licences and it says Einzelplatznutzung so I guess that explains everything. Do you know how I can extend my licence to a 2nd workplace?

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Please contact SDL Jan 18, 2014

You should buy an extension of the license, then. But this is not the forum question.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help with installation please

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search