Cancelled Group Buy Order
Thread poster: Chris Sullivan
Chris Sullivan
Chris Sullivan
Local time: 02:13
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2014

Back in June, I was part of a ProZ.com group buy of SDL Trados Studio 2011. I bought and paid for the software, downloaded it and ... could not install it because I was first told I had to uninstall Trados 7, which most of my clients were (and still are) using. Now, I finally have a new (second) computer so I can use both - Trados 7 on my laptop and Studio 2011 on my new desktop. I install it and then attempt to activate it, at which point I go to my profile on SDL.com. It says my order was canc... See more
Back in June, I was part of a ProZ.com group buy of SDL Trados Studio 2011. I bought and paid for the software, downloaded it and ... could not install it because I was first told I had to uninstall Trados 7, which most of my clients were (and still are) using. Now, I finally have a new (second) computer so I can use both - Trados 7 on my laptop and Studio 2011 on my new desktop. I install it and then attempt to activate it, at which point I go to my profile on SDL.com. It says my order was cancelled three months after I had paid for it - this is a complete surprise to me. Furthermore, I was never refunded any money. What gives? Can they just steal my money and cancel my licenses? I'm trying to get help through them, however, it says I don't have a Premium Software Maintenance Agreement (although I paid for one!!!) Any and all help would be appreciated.Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:13
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
SDL support for Account problems Jan 19, 2014

You are entitled to free support for installation and licensing problems.
Go to http://kb.sdl.com/ and click on the solution finder tab.
Go to licensing problems>I have a problem with my SDL Account>I have paid my order but the product is not in my account.

An email will appear for contacting SDL when you have an order problem.

By the way, Studio and Trados work fine side by side
... See more
You are entitled to free support for installation and licensing problems.
Go to http://kb.sdl.com/ and click on the solution finder tab.
Go to licensing problems>I have a problem with my SDL Account>I have paid my order but the product is not in my account.

An email will appear for contacting SDL when you have an order problem.

By the way, Studio and Trados work fine side by side on the same machine. I've had them running on the same laptop for years.
Collapse

ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:13
English to Italian
Information from SDL Jan 20, 2014

Dear Chris,

I am from SDL and I have alerted someone in my team to reach out to you.

I am really sorry to hear about your experience.

We are a large public company and we would certainly not 'steal' your money.

I have quickly try to find your order but we would need more information to retrieve you account - your email address.

Steve will get in touch with you and will go through our system to see what happened.

If you
... See more
Dear Chris,

I am from SDL and I have alerted someone in my team to reach out to you.

I am really sorry to hear about your experience.

We are a large public company and we would certainly not 'steal' your money.

I have quickly try to find your order but we would need more information to retrieve you account - your email address.

Steve will get in touch with you and will go through our system to see what happened.

If your order has been cancelled - you should have received a refund.
The alternative could also be that the payment failed at some point and we did not receive the money. The system would remove the order automatically after 3 months.

Hopefully we will be in touch with you soon and resolve.

Regards
Massi
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:13
English to Arabic
Cancelled Group Buy Order Jan 20, 2014

Hello Chris,

This is Steve from SDL.

After checking your account I can confirm that the order was automatically cancelled after three months as payment had not been received or processed.
I have sent an email to your (info@hansa~~~~~~.com) address explaining the situation in detail.
We can of course create a new identical package for you replicating the old order, details of which can be found in my direct email.

I look forward to hearing from y
... See more
Hello Chris,

This is Steve from SDL.

After checking your account I can confirm that the order was automatically cancelled after three months as payment had not been received or processed.
I have sent an email to your (info@hansa~~~~~~.com) address explaining the situation in detail.
We can of course create a new identical package for you replicating the old order, details of which can be found in my direct email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Steve
Collapse

Chris Sullivan
Chris Sullivan
Local time: 02:13
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Apologies Jan 20, 2014

I wrote to SDL_Steve directly via e-mail but I wanted to apologize publicly for my accusations and poor choice of words in my initial post. I've been under the impression that I bought and paid for Trados Studio 2011 back in June (I downloaded it via my profile page set up for the purchase and had it stored on an external hard drive for the migration to a new computer for nearly 7 months, had it marked as a tax deduction, etc.), however, it's looking like the payment never went through for some ... See more
I wrote to SDL_Steve directly via e-mail but I wanted to apologize publicly for my accusations and poor choice of words in my initial post. I've been under the impression that I bought and paid for Trados Studio 2011 back in June (I downloaded it via my profile page set up for the purchase and had it stored on an external hard drive for the migration to a new computer for nearly 7 months, had it marked as a tax deduction, etc.), however, it's looking like the payment never went through for some reason. I've been unable to contact my bank today because of the holiday here in the US to verify that the payment definitely didn't go through and more importantly, to ask them why.

As far as running Trados 7 and Studio side by side: I remember getting an error message when I first tried installing Studio on my old computer (still using...). I could have sworn it told me that I first had to uninstall Trados 7 but it may have been something else. Since nearly all of my clients were still using Trados 7 (and Office 2003) and I knew that I'd be switching over to a new computer eventually (I thought it would be October, but it ended up being January), I didn't make a second attempt until I had that new computer (i.e., Saturday, January 19). Needless to say, I was quite surprised when it said that my order was cancelled! I've been having nothing but problems during this migration (including an incorrect graphics card sent with the machine that initially wouldn't enable me to use my dual-monitor setup), which is partly why the initial post was so flippant. That's not intended as an excuse, just an explanation of my mindset at the time of writing.

In any case, thank you all for getting in touch with me personally and again: sorry for the tone of my initial post.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cancelled Group Buy Order

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »