Thread poster: ELMTranslations

ELMTranslations  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2014

Hello and sorry if this has already been asked/answered (but I couldn't find help anywhere else)! I have just completed a translation (I have been using Trados 2014 for about 6 months but I am still unsure about it). When I try to export the completed document, or save target as, I get the above error message. I am unable to create the return package and submit my completed document to my PM. Is there any help or advice out there? I am unsure if this is a software or PC issue and my deadline is tomorrow (i.e. Monday)! Thanks in advance!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:16
English
Probably resolved by... Jan 20, 2014

... opening the original source file again as a new single file project. Then pretranslate it from your TM and save the target.

I have seen this before once with a Libre Office file, and there is a post in ProZ where a user resolved this by converting to docx and then processing the file.

I don't know why the error occurs, but if none of this helps please send me (if it’s ok?) the fully translated sdlxliff and the original source file and I’ll be happy to take a look.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

ELMTranslations  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All sorted now, but thanks! Jan 21, 2014

Hi Paul - thanks for your response. I am not entirely sure what happened but I have finally been able to create the return package and successfully send it back to my client. I still have this error message when I try to Save Target As, but only with this particular job. I think I shall put this down to experience. Thank you once again! Emma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error msg = invalid plug-in info string

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search