Studio 2014: How to show the filter permanently? How to open all files at once in separate views?
Thread poster: Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:45
Member (2008)
English to Czech
Jan 19, 2014

Hello,

I'd like to know if/how the following can be done in Studio 2014:

1) In Studio 2011, it was possible to have the source/target filter bar permanently shown at the top of the Editor window. As long as I was in the Editor window, it was there. In Studio 2014, I'm (so far) able to see the Display Filter only when I'm in the Review tab in the Editor window. Is it possible to have it the same (convenient) way as in Studio 2011?

2) When I'm opening more files at once, they get merged into one view automatically. Where can I change this behaviour so the merge occurs only if I want, and otherwise the files open in separate views (as in 2011)? The merged view is indeed useful, but I'd like to have a choice. (I know I can open the files one by one but that is not very practical.)

3) (This didn't fit into the headline) Is there a way how to add custom items into the Quick Access Toolbar (the mini-toolbar shown above the ribbon)? Something similar to what is possible in MS Word?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
On your questions... Jan 20, 2014

Tomas Mosler, MITI wrote:

1) In Studio 2011, it was possible to have the source/target filter bar permanently shown at the top of the Editor window. As long as I was in the Editor window, it was there. In Studio 2014, I'm (so far) able to see the Display Filter only when I'm in the Review tab in the Editor window. Is it possible to have it the same (convenient) way as in Studio 2011?

Not in the same way... but there are some useful things to know.

Ctrl+F6 : Activates the search box and switches to the display you want
Ctrl+Shift+F6 : Activates the display filter... or click on the filter icon at the bottom of your screen and it activates the filter:

You can use other keyboard shortcuts to switch searches from target to source as well... worth scrolling through the keyboard shortcut lists just to see what’s there.

2) When I'm opening more files at once, they get merged into one view automatically. Where can I change this behaviour so the merge occurs only if I want, and otherwise the files open in separate views (as in 2011)? The merged view is indeed useful, but I'd like to have a choice. (I know I can open the files one by one but that is not very practical.)

Just select your files and press Ctrl+Enter instead.

3) (This didn't fit into the headline) Is there a way how to add custom items into the Quick Access Toolbar (the mini-toolbar shown above the ribbon)? Something similar to what is possible in MS Word?

Only through the OpenExchange... through here almost anything is possible : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-yV

Regards

Paul

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jan 20, 2014

Thank you, Paul!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: How to show the filter permanently? How to open all files at once in separate views?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search