AutoSuggest Dictionary - Creation from part of TUs
Thread poster: Milan Rydvan

Milan Rydvan
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:08
Jan 20, 2014

Hello,

Which translation units are used when generating AutoSuggest Dictionary with less than the full number of units in the given memory? Is it possible to specify that I want the newest TUs to be used? If so, how?

I have over 300,000 units in my TM at present and the Studio recommends me to use about a half of them when generating the dictionary. I override it and use all TUs, but if I knew that the latest ones are used, I might prefer the Studio's choice.

I use Trados Studio 2011, but I am interested in an answer for Studio 2014 as well, as I consider upgrading to this version.

Thanks,
Milan

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Export TM with filter Jan 20, 2014

You could export your big TM with a filter for "created after" x date.
It might take a little experimenting to get the right number of TUs, but the result will be an autosuggest dictionary built from your most recent TUs.

This'll work for Studio 2011 and 2014 alike.

Milan Rydvan
Czech Republic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but what does Trados do as default? Jan 20, 2014

Thanks, Emma! You are right, this is a way.icon_smile.gif

It would still be helpful to know which TUs Trados takes in default when creating AutoSuggest dictionary from only a part of a TM. The newest one would be a logical option, but I can think of other more or less logical ones and I would love to know how it is in reality. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AutoSuggest Dictionary - Creation from part of TUs

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search