AutoSuggest Dictionary - Creation from part of TUs
Thread poster: Milan Rydvan
Milan Rydvan
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:56
Jan 20, 2014

Hello,

Which translation units are used when generating AutoSuggest Dictionary with less than the full number of units in the given memory? Is it possible to specify that I want the newest TUs to be used? If so, how?

I have over 300,000 units in my TM at present and the Studio recommends me to use about a half of them when generating the dictionary. I override it and use all TUs, but if I knew that the latest ones are used, I might prefer the Studio's choice.

I use Trados Studio 2011, but I am interested in an answer for Studio 2014 as well, as I consider upgrading to this version.

Thanks,
Milan

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Export TM with filter Jan 20, 2014

You could export your big TM with a filter for "created after" x date.
It might take a little experimenting to get the right number of TUs, but the result will be an autosuggest dictionary built from your most recent TUs.

This'll work for Studio 2011 and 2014 alike.

Milan Rydvan
Czech Republic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but what does Trados do as default? Jan 20, 2014

Thanks, Emma! You are right, this is a way.

It would still be helpful to know which TUs Trados takes in default when creating AutoSuggest dictionary from only a part of a TM. The newest one would be a logical option, but I can think of other more or less logical ones and I would love to know how it is in reality. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AutoSuggest Dictionary - Creation from part of TUs

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search