Thread poster: Peter Simon

Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:03
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2014

sorry, I can see now that it is a problem from my lack of connection; I couldn't find out why, it used to work well. Thanks, I'll have to find and solve this.

[Edited at 2014-01-21 12:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

uskapp
Local time: 22:03
English to German
+ ...
BeGlobal Community stopped working Feb 1, 2014

My server is down too, and has been down for 24 hours now. It happened while working in the Editor. The 'Apply Translation' button is dimmed, but according to the Project Settings window the machine translation software is open and running - yet it is not.

[Edited at 2014-02-01 22:03 GMT]

uskapp
English to German
+ ...
Still no BeGlobal community and MT. Feb 2, 2014

If it is a connection problem, is the problem at your end or mine? How do I test my connection to your server? How do I know when the server is operational?

From reading other users' blogs it sounds like BeGlobel community works when it wants.

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
stranger than connection problem Feb 3, 2014

Hi, I've recently experienced a loss of my internet connection. This, in my case, is unique because few people may use trados on a WinXP system running on Mac Parallels Desktop. The problem is that this Parallels system is sometimes cut off while the Mac experiences no problem. During those days I was able to fully experience the silly problem with Trados: I knew I didn't have connection, I switched off/eliminated BeGlobal from the sources of projects, yet, when I started to do something on the projects, this remark came up with every TU.

My connection came back on its own this morning (so this is a separate problem from that with Trados), BeGlobal works as well as it can, yet, the message still crops up. So I don't have connection problems when it says it has. Regardless of anything, the message returns, meaningless and based on no incentive, still, it allows me to work. Only repeatedly disturbing my work.

I hope to be able to talk to a Tr support personnel this afternoon, I'll keep you posted about my problem afterwards.

[Edited at 2014-02-03 13:10 GMT]

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solution Feb 3, 2014

Hi, uskapp, and anyone else concerned,

I've had a good session with support staf and the solution is that we have to switch off the Autosuggest function under the File tab. Not the Project Settings tab. So we have File > Options (second from the bottom) > Autosuggest > and there BeGlobal MT Autosuggest should be unchecked while your Enable Autosuggest is on.

One problem fewer, I hope there aren't many more waiting for us. This is a new year - the year of the Horse - after all

Best wishes,

Peter

uskapp
English to German
+ ...
BeGlobal Community is back Feb 7, 2014

Hi Peter,

I found File>Option>Autosuggest but nowhere did I find BeGlobal MT Autosuggest so couldn't uncheck it.

However, after waiting one day then trying again - voila! - all of a sudden my BeGlobal MT was back and working. Suggests to me that their server was down. What do you make of that?

I run Windows 7 and SDL Trados Studio 2014.

uskapp

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No server Feb 8, 2014

Hi, uskapp,

I don't understand it when you say you couldn't find BeGlobal under File/Options/Autosuggest - it is there without fail.

As to what happens to the server ... I now know that this function is always there, no failure, except on my side, when I lost connection between my Windows Parallels and the main Mac system. I have nothing to do with Win7, so I can't comment on that, but I guess how Trados looks like doesn't depend on that.

Cheers,

P

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL beglobal server is down?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search