Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Studio 2014 won't find matches in TM, why?
Thread poster: Joanna Ryzenweber

XtS
Germany
Local time: 10:40
English to German
+ ...
possible Solution, Trados Studio 2017 SR1, no matches found Aug 3, 2017

lucia001 wrote:

Upgrade the Transaltin Memories and after that it will find your matches in TM.

in Translation Memories view -> Tools -> Upgrade Tranlation Memories.

Please remember to backup your TM first, in my case the new upgraded TM didn't have the segmentation rules from the previous one, so I had to copy them from the old one.



This did the trick for me (or so it seems).
I first tried to change the match value to 50%, which did work at first, but only for a while. I then changed it to 30% and again it seemed to behave better and presented me possible matches. After some days, though, Trados returned to it's "usual" behavior of not finding matches - even when there were 99% matches to find. :/

I then proceeded to try the upgrade method, set the language resources to the TM I wanted to upgrade, upgraded the TM (which took a while) and then changed my Project settings accordingly to include the new TM.

So far it's working (finding matches).

I am using Trados Studio 2017 SR1. Sad to see that SDL apparently didn't fix this erratic behavior from Trados 2014 through to 2017.


 

XtS
Germany
Local time: 10:40
English to German
+ ...
Trados Studio 2017 SR1 no matched - fix not working Aug 16, 2017

After some more testing, unfortunately this method didn't prove successful either.
The previously described behavior returned and Trados Studio 2017 SR1 again doesn't show (i.e. 97%) matches.
This is really annoying, SDL - Please fix this!

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks


 

Alex Lilo
Ukraine
Local time: 11:40
English to Russian
+ ...
No translation results to display Jan 8

XtS wrote:

After some more testing, unfortunately this method didn't prove successful either.
The previously described behavior returned and Trados Studio 2017 SR1 again doesn't show (i.e. 97%) matches.
This is really annoying, SDL - Please fix this!

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks


It doesn't show 99% matches. It doesn't look like a CAT tool any more.


 

Andrei Vybornov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:40
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Try this setting Jan 8

File>Options>Editor>Automation>Enable LookAhead (untick)

 

Jose Fernandez
Argentina
Local time: 06:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
In case it can be of use to somebody Mar 31

I had exactly the same problem. Trados wouldn't find 100% matches but I knew they were there and they showed up when I searched in Concordance.

Apparently, in my case, Trados made a mess of Project TMs and Main TMs, so a solution was to go to Project Settings, Language Pairs, All Language Pairs, Translation Memory and Automated Translation, Search, and then enable "Search both project and main translation memories".

Hope it helps.


 

Sarah Symons Glegorio, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
try "any TM" Nov 10

I just had this same problem with Studio 2017. Tried the other suggestions but finally solved it by re-attaching my TM as “any TM” instead of as a “file based TM” so essentially I’ve got the same TM added to the project twice. At least it works now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nicholas Knutsen
 

Nicholas Knutsen
Mexico
Local time: 03:40
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Thanks, "AnyTM" worked Nov 15

Sarah Symons Glegorio, CT wrote:

I just had this same problem with Studio 2017. Tried the other suggestions but finally solved it by re-attaching my TM as “any TM” instead of as a “file based TM” so essentially I’ve got the same TM added to the project twice. At least it works now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Thanks! I had this problem with Studio 2019, and nothing worked. I actually removed the TM and re-attached it as "AnyTM (Any file-based TM)", and suddenly it works as it's supposed to!


 
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 won't find matches in TM, why?

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search