Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:49
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 23, 2014

Dear all,

I'm translating a huge file with Studio 2014, it has almost 1,000 lines of 100% matches. When translating the 100% matches, Studio translated (and confirmed!) it all, but excluding the tags (one initial and one at the end). I noticed that the Tag Protection was off. What can I do now? Is there any way to erase what was done and translate those segments again, including the tags automatically this time? Or will I have to add tag by tag manually? I've tried everything I knew...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Heloisa

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:49
English
That doesn't sound right... Jan 23, 2014

... maybe the tags are formatting and you are just not displaying them? If there are tags not being brought in then I would expect to see a penalty rather than a 100% match.

Can you share a screenshot perhaps... it might help?

Regards

Paul

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:49
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
About the 100% matches being accepted with no penalties Jan 23, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I can share a screenshot, but I don't know how do insert images in proz.com forums. Can you help me with this? Sorry to be such a burden!

Heloisa

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:49
English
Not the easiest... Jan 23, 2014

... feel free to drop me an email if you like - pfilkin@sdl.com

If you’d rather use images in here then you either need to share the image on dropbox perhaps, or place it somewhere you can reference it. I use http://tinypic.com/ for ProZ.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating 100% matches with tags in Studio 2014

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search