Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:10
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 23, 2014

Dear all,

I'm translating a huge file with Studio 2014, it has almost 1,000 lines of 100% matches. When translating the 100% matches, Studio translated (and confirmed!) it all, but excluding the tags (one initial and one at the end). I noticed that the Tag Protection was off. What can I do now? Is there any way to erase what was done and translate those segments again, including the tags automatically this time? Or will I have to add tag by tag manually? I've tried everything I knew...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Heloisa

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:10
English
That doesn't sound right... Jan 23, 2014

... maybe the tags are formatting and you are just not displaying them? If there are tags not being brought in then I would expect to see a penalty rather than a 100% match.

Can you share a screenshot perhaps... it might help?

Regards

Paul

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:10
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
About the 100% matches being accepted with no penalties Jan 23, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I can share a screenshot, but I don't know how do insert images in proz.com forums. Can you help me with this? Sorry to be such a burden!

Heloisa

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:10
English
Not the easiest... Jan 23, 2014

... feel free to drop me an email if you like - pfilkin@sdl.com

If you’d rather use images in here then you either need to share the image on dropbox perhaps, or place it somewhere you can reference it. I use http://tinypic.com/ for ProZ.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating 100% matches with tags in Studio 2014

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search