Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:29
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 26, 2014

Dear all,

My Trados Studio 2014 started to give me a message with each and every translation unit like this yesterday, without doing anything to elicit this:

"Failed to retrieve BeGlobal pair information. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."

However, I get a translation suggestion from BeGlobal and I can hit OK to delete the message. However, I am authorized to get info from BeGlobal, I am in my own authorized account, and still, I even get the message if I disable BeGlobal as source and do without their suggestions.

The disturbing thing is that I have to hit the OK button each and every time the cursor gets into a new unit, so this all slows down the transl. process as I can't get on with the work without hitting it.

I've tried re-starting, besides turning off BeGlobal, nothing helps. Please help (and perhaps suggest what other stupid surprises I have to expect from this expensive 'most popular' software that fails to advertise that it doesn't even allow me to build my own term-base without buying another of their software - for a price of course ... speak about falling translation prices ... ).

Best wishes

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Is it a multilingual Project... Jan 26, 2014

... were you have specified to use BeGlobal for a non-supported language pair perhaps?

To be honest I have no idea why you get this error, so perhaps you should log a case through the solution finder and the BeGlobal support team can look at this tomorrow. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
--The installation went fine but now I get an error message.... etc.
--- The problem occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011 / 2014
---- None of the articles resolved my problem

Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

On your terminology... I give up! Just for you I have added SDL MultiTerm 2014 to your downloads completely free of charge. Please don't tell anyone I did this.

Regards

Paul

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ... and ... Jan 26, 2014

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try following this procedure to find out what's gone wrong. I'm using BeGlobal for English to Hungarian, nothing special, it worked well as it can for three weeks ... mostly OK for word level ...

But I don't understand what you said in your last lines. Added it where for me to download? Please clarify, I can't follow you about it.

United Kingdom
English
In your MyAccount... Jan 26, 2014

... the same place you got Studio.

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 26, 2014

I've just found it, great, thanks a lot, Paul.

[Edited at 2014-01-26 18:23 GMT]

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solution yet Jan 30, 2014

Hi, Paul,

It's very interesting that I still haven't received an answer to my request for help. Perhaps because I haven't spent another small heap of my hard-earned money on their support program. Which suggests that they build problems into their programs, or just let them there so that people should buy into their support programs ... a real money-machine, which wouldn't make half the money it does if their programmes ran well and not in chunks but in an integrated whole. I think I'll get slowly more and more dissatisfied with SDL Trados. Is there a money-back guarantee? Or is there a chance that it'll work satisfactorily later? From the list of problem pages there, probably not much ... Is there a better program where the makers don't rip us off? Sorry, I know you're a member of Trados Support Team, yet one wonders.

United Kingdom
English
Drop me an email... Jan 30, 2014

... so I can check and see whether your ticket was received and if you typed the email address correctly. The most common reason for not getting back to users without a support contract is we don't know who they are... yet!

Send me an email anyway and I’ll check it.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still, strange Jan 30, 2014

Once again, I mean it would be a strange reason because I've properly registered my software ...

Besides, I have to provide e-mail address within the support ticket ...

Regards,

Peter

[Edited at 2014-01-30 13:51 GMT]

United Kingdom
English
Makes no difference... Jan 30, 2014

Peter Simon wrote:

Once again, I mean it would be a strange reason because I've properly registered my software ...

... because the Solution Finder is independent of anything we know about you. The only validation is the email address you type in and if you mistype it then we can’t get back to you.

We have found it though and you should be contacted shortly.

Regards

Paul

Petra Maria EvK
Germany
English to German
Same problem Jan 25, 2016

Hi,

I have the same problem here that Peter Simon had, 1) the same error message (and the problem that you have to click "OK" in each and every segment ...) and 2) that the support didn't answer for two days now.

Anyone around here who knows the solution or can help otherwise?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Maria

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The computer OS may also have to do sg with it, Petra Jan 25, 2016

I don't know what your machine is, but I had the problem on a then-seven-year-old Mac with a very early Paralles on it that ran Win XP. I got to know that some Win-based programmes, like those that are used for on-line conference calls and courses do not run on Parallels. It also did not run the updates to Trados.

I bought a new Mac though, last spring and installed a then-brand-new Parallels with Win7 on it. I transferred Trados 2014 to the new machine, updated it, and since then I haven't ever had any problem. Besides, copying and transfer difficulties I had earlier between Mac and Win have also disappeared, everything works perfectly.

I'm not sure this helps you, but sometimes simply an old OS-version may cause these problems. Present your data to support, or the community and some solutions could very well turn up. For ex., you've got to get rid of Win XP, in all likelihood. Best luck! PS

[Edited at 2016-01-25 16:09 GMT]

Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:29
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Have you tried running as administrator? Jan 25, 2016

I have had similar problems with the Language Cloud account, and this fixes it (right click Studio icon and select "Run as administrator").

Petra Maria EvK
Germany
English to German
Thank you Jan 26, 2016

both for trying but unfortunately running as administrator doesn't help - and I use a usual Windows 7.

I hope support will come back to me soon ... How long does it usual take them to answer?

Kind regards,
Petra

Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't know Jan 26, 2016

how long it usually takes for them to get back, I've only had 2 problems in 2 years, not enough to guess, but to me, they came back in a couple of days. Good luck!

Peter

[Edited at 2016-01-26 10:44 GMT]

Petra Maria EvK
Germany
English to German
Not-so-ideal-solution: Jan 26, 2016

I had planned to upgrade on Trados 2015 anyway for several reasons and have done so know. Whatever the problem in 2014 was, it doesn't occur in 2015.

I will still wait for the support's answer and hope to solve the problem for 2014 because I am not sure if I will need the previous version for any reason/client again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BeGlobal ... server error?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search