Multiterm error-mesasage about "isActive"
Thread poster: Thomas Haller Uribe Posada

Thomas Haller Uribe Posada  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 22:49
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jan 27, 2014

I get the following error-message as I try to create a new entry in an existing Multiterm-database:
(freely translated from Spanish)
"The object does not accept status or method "isActive"
Do you wish to continue using scripts on this page?"
Thank you for any help.

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
It could be caused by the particular Java version Jan 29, 2014

This problem seems to be around since TRADOS started to use Java. Welcome to the TRADOS World!

Which Java version are you using?

[Edited at 2014-01-29 05:08 GMT]

Colombia
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Muchas gracias Jan 30, 2014

Hola, Jorge:
Muchas gracias por su apoyo. He recibido un correo del vendedor del producto que dice lo mismo que usted:

Lo más probable es que tenga ver con la compatibilidad con Java. Se ha reportado que la última versión de Java genera problemas con Multiterm. Por lo tanto, te recomiendo que desinstales tu versión actual de Java e instales la versión 7 actualización 25, que puedes encontrar en el siguiente enlace:

http://www.oldapps.com/es/java.php?old_java=12421

No lo he ensayado todavía por no tener banda ancha en este momento.

Saludos desde el Carmen de Viboral, Thomas

Colombia
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your help Jan 30, 2014

Thank you, Jorge.
My previous message was in Spanish by mistake.
The sales-representative sent me an email saying that I should change to an older version of Java: version 7, actualization 25

http://www.oldapps.com/es/java.php?old_java=12421

I still did not try the step because of lacking high-speed internet at the moment. I am going to post the result of the proposed solution as soon as I know.
Kind regards, Thomas

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
The wonderful TRADOS world... Jan 30, 2014

.... is the only place where you have to downgrade your computer for solving their issues. I have 4 or 5 other Java-based apps in my PC (even other 2 TenTs) running on Java 7 update 51 without any problem.

PD: Por favor infórmeme su teléfono o ID de Skype para poder charlar personalmente, ya que también me dedico a traducir del alemán.

Saludos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm error-mesasage about "isActive"

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search