https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/263371-studio_2014_different_tagging_not_honored_by_tm.html

Studio 2014 - different tagging not honored by TM
Thread poster: tz7
tz7
tz7
United States
Local time: 21:22
English to Japanese
Jan 27, 2014

It might be my setting. My Studio 2014 doesn't care any differences in tag; if the text is identical, it only store one translation even if it has different tags.

Translation for :
This product can be installed on Windows 8.
and
should be different but my TM keeps only the recent translation.

Studio shows "99%" match but my TM overwrites old translation with the new one.

How can I c
... See more
It might be my setting. My Studio 2014 doesn't care any differences in tag; if the text is identical, it only store one translation even if it has different tags.

Translation for :
and
should be different but my TM keeps only the recent translation.

Studio shows "99%" match but my TM overwrites old translation with the new one.

How can I change this behavior? (I want to add it as new as default.) I posted the same issue for Studio 2011 but no solution was found.

[Edited at 2014-01-27 19:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-01-27 19:52 GMT]
Collapse

Matthew Chen (X)
Matthew Chen (X)
United States
Local time: 21:22
Japanese to English
What method do you use... Jan 30, 2014

Edit: I posted a suggestion, but then had a chance to try it and confirmed that it didn't work. Hmm...I love to investigate these things, so I will let you know if I find a solution before someone else posts one.

[Edited at 2014-01-30 15:22 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - different tagging not honored by TM

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »