Price of Studio 2014 via "5 day sale"?
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:32
Finnish to French
Jan 28, 2014

I received a promotional offer to buy Studio 2014 by 31-Jan-2014 for EUR 545:

They say I'd save EUR 150, so I assume the starting price would be EUR 695.

However, if I click the BUY NOW link, I get this:

They do repeat "now only €545 (save €150!)", but the actual price displayed is EUR 646, down from a normal price of EUR 825 (a saving of EUR 179).

Should the creative SDL marketing folks retake Math 101, or am I missing something?

Direct link Reply with quote

AnnazeeLady  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:32
French to English
+ ...
Doesn't add up Jan 28, 2014

I'm seeing the same thing on their website too, I'm going to have a word with their online advisor and see what they think of the math!

AnnazeeLady  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:32
French to English
+ ...
One price, two different currencies Jan 28, 2014

It's in euros in the advert and in dollars at the checkout, you can convert into your currency once you've placed Trados into your basket.

Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
€ vs. $ Jan 28, 2014

AnnazeeLady wrote:
It's in euros in the advert and in dollars at the checkout, you can convert into your currency once you've placed Trados into your basket.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the default currency was the dollar!

Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Changes in pricing Jan 28, 2014

What also confused me are the changes made by SDL:

1) the base currency now appears to be USD (previously, it was EUR)
2) the "normal" price of Studio has been decreased: it used to be EUR 845, it is now EUR 695

The price of their PSMA was also significantly lowered: it used to be about EUR 200, it is now EUR 139:

What has increased, however, is the price difference between Freelance and Freelance Plus. When the normal price of Freelance was EUR 845, Freelance Plus cost EUR 875 (difference: EUR 30). Now that Freelance costs EUR 695, Freelance Plus is EUR 820 (difference: EUR 125).

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
English to Italian
Info Jan 28, 2014

Hello
I am from SDL.
There is a difference between currencies. The system will display different currency based on language and location.
However the text is just saying Euro.

We did lower the starting price for Studio in Euro to €695. PSMA is calculated on the price and therefore it is now lower too.

Regards
Massi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Price of Studio 2014 via "5 day sale"?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search