Studio 2011: QuickPlace key combination does not work
Thread poster: Titia Meesters
Titia Meesters
Titia Meesters  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:30
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
Jan 28, 2014

Hi, can anyone help me with this problem?

I recently moved to a new laptop with Windows 7 Professional.
I installed Studio 2011 and so far it works fine, except for one thing:

I cannot use the [CTRL] [,] combination for QuickPlace. When I enter the key combination, the pop-down menu with placeables options is only shown as long as I hold the keys down... it disappears as soon as I release the keys. While I hold the keys down, I can select the first option, but I c
... See more
Hi, can anyone help me with this problem?

I recently moved to a new laptop with Windows 7 Professional.
I installed Studio 2011 and so far it works fine, except for one thing:

I cannot use the [CTRL] [,] combination for QuickPlace. When I enter the key combination, the pop-down menu with placeables options is only shown as long as I hold the keys down... it disappears as soon as I release the keys. While I hold the keys down, I can select the first option, but I cannot use the arrow to scroll down the menu, as the arrow will bring me to the next segment.

I use a wireless external keyboard, but the problem occurs equally whether I use the laptop keyboard or the external keyboard. Keyboard language setting is English-US.

I can work around this and use the right mouse button, but I would rather use the key combination...
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Titia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: QuickPlace key combination does not work

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »