Service?
Thread poster: lena blondel

lena blondel  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:17
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 28, 2014

My last version of SDLX, sdlx/trados 2007, was purchased when I lived in Montreal. I downloaded it but don't remember ever using it. I work mainly with Wordfast. Anyway,
since then I have moved from to Europe and lived in four different places and still not unpacked my stuff from MOntreal. I purchased an apartment with lots of hidden defects, most of the apt had to be demolished and dehumidified for months; a legal process prevented the restoration (not to destroy the evidence), etc. The restoration has now begun and I can replay my life. Therefore I asked SDLX to let me download my version of SDLX. But they say that they cannot give technical support to that version:

Hi Lena,

you need to return the previous activation code before you can install it and run on a new machine.

As we no longer support this version, I do not have anything else I can suggest im afraid.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Steven Barlow | SDL | Language Technologies Division

The fact that I have no idea what my activation codes is (on a piece of paper, in an old email, on one of my old computers in a box in a storage does not seem to matter. They "cannot" help in spite of the "kind regards". My last email remains unanswered so far.

that is not service in my mind, and I am not interested in buying a new version as Mr. Barlow suggested. How can it be impossible to provide me with an activation code?

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:17
English to Hebrew
+ ...
SDL Account Jan 28, 2014

All the relevant information about any of your SDL licenses, including download links can be found in your SDL account (https://oos.sdl.com/).

If you don't remember your login credentials, I'm sure that there is a way to retrieve them and that their support can help you with it in case of need.

Trados 2007 is now discontinued, but it is very disappointing to read that they are using it as an excuse to ignore even administrative support requests.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Unusual response I think... Jan 28, 2014

... and I can only think that perhaps anyone being rushed off their feet might look at the fact it was a now unsupported product and dash off an automated response.

I did email you with your details based on the email we have on record, and the one in your ProZ account but I am getting a delivery failure message from your server.

Perhaps you can drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com and I can make sure we have the correct details.

Thank you

Paul

lena blondel  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Service? Jan 29, 2014

[quote]SDL Support wrote:

... and I can only think that perhaps anyone being rushed off their feet might look at the fact it was a now unsupported product and dash off an automated response.

I did email you with your details based on the email we have on record, and the one in your ProZ account but I am getting a delivery failure message from your server.

Perhaps you can drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com and I can make sure we have the correct details.

Thank you

My email: lenabblondel@gmail.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Service?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search